Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave after probation??

Options
  • 10-03-2018 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys

Currently employed in a private home.. my 6 month probation ends next month nd I will b handing in my notice but it states on contract if staff leave within 1 year they must pay 100% of training courses received and so on. I've done 2 'training days' with them it was literally watchin dvds but so am wondering will there b a cost included for this??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Hi guys

Currently employed in a private home.. my 6 month probation ends next month nd I will b handing in my notice but it states on contract if staff leave within 1 year they must pay 100% of training courses received and so on. I've done 2 'training days' with them it was literally watchin dvds but so am wondering will there b a cost included for this??

Thanks!

Was there no cost in the contract of how much would to be repaid?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mightyboosh10

limnam wrote: »
    Was there no cost in the contract of how much would to be repaid?

Nope, no cost on contract.. just says if employee leaves or if employment terminated within the year 100% of training costs to be paid, if 1-2 years 50% to be paid.. as i said it was watchin dvds set up by another staff member so there was no other costs for the company and didnt receive any cert.. I pay for courses outside work where I receive actual training and certs so suppose I am just at a loss,, I'm guessing once I hand in my notice they'll prob they it from my wages..
    Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’ve heard of one company stop the employees hourly rate for the training, saying they were paid but not working during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

_Brian wrote: »
    I’ve heard of one company stop the employees hourly rate for the training, saying they were paid but not working during that time.

As there's no cost in the contract, the above is the only way I would be happy to entertain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JennyZ

Forget about it when you are handing in your notice, it's not your issue. If they are looking for costs back then as per the contract they would have to provide you with (company reg and vat number included) statement of fees to be refunded. I'd say it will be unlikely this will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If the training is health and safety related such as an induction, safety statement, risk assessments, manual handling etc. they can't charge you for that. It must be provided free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mightyboosh10

BattleCorp wrote: »
    If the training is health and safety related such as an induction, safety statement, risk assessments, manual handling etc. they can't charge you for that. It must be provided free of charge.

Thanks for your reply, that's good to know.. I'd just be a bit afraid they would chance their arm and charge for any thing...

Advertisement