Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build almost ready and no mprn!

Options
  • 10-03-2018 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

After waiting years for planning permission we were delighted to be told this week the house will be ready to move into in 3-4 weeks ....but then the builder asked about our mprn (they were using next doors - with permission - electricity to get the heat pump started).

We literally had no idea about the process and timescales involved - we assumed this was part of our contribution fees and/or ‘services’ included In our contract. We’re in an awkward situation as our landlord sold the house we were renting and we’re temporarily staying (with two young kids) in my husbands uncles house - which is miles from schools etc and we told him we would definitely be out by mid April.

Our app was sent late this week - I did call up but it’s not on the system yet. I understand there are timescales involved and the mess up is our side but is there anything that can be done to speed up the process other than paying quickly etc? Paying a full mortgage and rent here (and possibly having to look for somewhere else temporary ) for the next four months while our house is ready would just be a nightmare after so long

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Also we’re in a built up area - lots of development here. No additional poles etc will be required. Electrician has certs etc ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi MizMix,

Thanks for your message.

The process for applying for an MPRN is completed through ESB Networks. They can be called on 1850 372 757.

Once completed, we then recommend calling the dedicated Electric Ireland Customer Service team on 1850 372 372. They will then look into arranging for the connection at the property. The Customer Service team are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Hi Brige,

I called Friday and was told it wasn’t on the system yet and it would be 12 weeks from payment irrelevant of our situation and I’m basically trying to see if we can speak to someone who may be able to help
    Hi MizMix,

Thanks for your message.

The process for applying for an MPRN is completed through ESB Networks. They can be called on 1850 372 757.

Once completed, we then recommend calling the dedicated Electric Ireland Customer Service team on 1850 372 372. They will then look into arranging for the connection at the property. The Customer Service team are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi MizMix,

ESB Networks are the people to speak to about new electricity connections, and also power-lines (for customers of any electricity billing company).

We at Electric Ireland are one of the billing companies that a customer would register with after connection.

ESB Networks are not on Boards.ie but they are on Twitter, Facebook, and the telephone line which Brige provided, 1850 372 757, is open until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and until lunchtime on Saturdays.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement