Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess what Pad_Lad *ahem*.. Patser got

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

So its intermittent?

Charger release has been intermittent and worsening over last month, not charging was a new thing

1. Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

Patser wrote: »
      Charger release has been intermittent and worsening over last month, not charging was a new thing

You have a different charge point than the ABL then by the sounds of it ?

Why do you think it charged all of a sudden now ?

Could be EVSE related ?

2. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Does the i3 have a 12v battery? If the contactors dont connect quick enough, the pins might "weld" themselves together. Just thinking out loud though.

3. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

I really do think it's the drop down lock pin, that seems to have developed a mind of it's own. I had thought it was stuck, jammed up but then on it's own it started to pop down as if doing a reset.

I went back out to car after an hour, and its behaving perfectly again, unlocking instantly, charging immediately.

So new dilemma is do I bring it to dealer, with no fault on display and have to pay for diagnostics and repair - or hope it was all a glitch and that I don't find myself stranded another day.

4. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Patser wrote: »
      I really do think it's the drop down lock pin, that seems to have developed a mind of it's own. I had thought it was stuck, jammed up but then on it's own it started to pop down as if doing a reset.

Quick google suggests its a common problem in early models.

I'd say go to the dealer and suck it up. Its unlikely to never do it again as you have said its getting progressively worse and its going to have you stranded somewhere someday and then you'll be sorry you didnt get it sorted.

5. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

A bad 12 volt can cause strange issues like this on the i3.

6. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
      Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jhegarty wrote: »
      A bad 12 volt can cause strange issues like this on the i3.

On all cars. I'd nearly go so far as to say cars should have their lead acid batteries replaced as part of every other service.

7. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Maybe something to look into - at the moment she's operating perfectly, plugged and unplugged it a couple of times last night and today and no hitch at all.

Going to leave dealer trip til I've time off

8. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
      Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dunno about the i3 but Ioniq has a very low capacity lead acid 12V battery. And if you play with the toys in the car while the car is not switched on, the aux battery is draining very quickly. This leads to similar electrical issues as you have. Measure battery voltage while the car is switched off with a cheap multimeter now all is well. I betya it will be near enough 13V. Then wait till the problem returns and then measure again. I bet it will be much closer to 12V (which means incidentally means pretty much completely empty)

9. Advertisement
    10. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Happy Christmas to me. Family got me this, my frunk is now useable

20191225-105457.jpg

11. Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

Looks the business !

12. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

20191226-132317.jpg

20191226-132305.jpg

In action, the top rolls over to seal it. Takes a bit out of the boot, but I'm curious why its specifically designed to hold bottles? Bottles of what, it's not like I need to worry about coolant or engine oil.

13. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Beer or wine cooler? :D

14. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Beer or wine cooler? :D

Good call, no radiator there to heat it and perfect excuse for keeping it lit

Wife: Why are driving so fast!!!!!

Me: Beer is warm, and it's only a short trip to party. Need to create airflow

15. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Close the thread - almost 5 years near faultless performance and now traded in for only €4.5k depreciation - really couldn't have asked more from a car. Proper smile on face car

16. Advertisement
    17. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
      Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

18. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Nope, got a lovely blue MG4

But coincidentally this looks familiar, pity it's a few thousand more than I was selling my car for

Advertisement