Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather bag damaged by cloak roam sticker

Options
  • 10-03-2018 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I stayed in a hotel in Dublin during the week and the day after I put a leather bag into the cloak room. The lady putting the bag into the cloak room put a sticker on the side of my bag which is leather, I thought this was strange, I wouldn't have put a sticker on a leather bag, but assumed they knew what they were doing. (just to clarify, I wasn't asked about the sticker, I was just in the room when she put it on)

Roughly 48 hours after putting the bag into the cloak room I went to take the sticker off and it's peeling some of the finish from the bag as seen in the photo

vxO5W8-cQiqYxAzEvpgWSl9ecFcLt6OXr4PPSRreiXdDjSCRWrqVcyWTyi0zF7oqcy0IF_4eVftIesNUMUuFDkrIorwhQTYH2Ml52hUuFpNHynoFV9IoSRBGH4r-Ky3OTe1oQsvz6g=w1299-h974-no

I'm pretty annoyed by this, the bag is only 6 months old and was a gift (not really important to the consumer issue part of things)

Is there any point even contacting the hotel about this? I'm sure they are well covered by terms and conditions of not being responsible for bags left in the cloak room but I think its poor that their method for tagging the bags would damage a bag.

But even I'm not even sure what I'd want the redress to be, I don't think its realistic to expect a replacement so not sure what other options there would be.

Any thoughts on the situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’m not sure what would be an appropriate response here, but I would definitely make a complaint as they have damaged your bag, and may be damaging the bags of others. Most hotels use tags, rather than stickers, for this very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get in touch with a manager and see what they say, then go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It looks like it might have been put on incorrectly. As there is no visible wording on the left handside. Looks like it was meant to be put on like those labels they use on airlines, where the label has no sitcky bit in the middle and you put it around the handle and stick it to itself.

Advertisement