Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Control 4 to Harmony

• 10-03-2018 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Same here, Control 4 is atrociously bad.

I'm wondering has anyone switched over or reverted to a Harmony Elite setup from C4.

I have had C4 and Phillips Dynalite installed since 2015 and have never been happy with the way the system has performed.

My dealer has made multiple visits, and each visit seems to break as many functions as it solves problems, and in the meantime I continue to receive ongoing bills. Tonight for example, I can't even change satellite channels after having had a Sky satellite driver installed.

I'm therefore thinking I best take control back to myself and install a means of control, such as Harmony, which I at least can control myself.

I'm thinking my biggest problem is lighting control - can the Harmony system integrate with Phillips Dynalite?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

AidenL,

I've given your post a new thread, the other thread is ancient at this stage.

Note to All:

Posts from dealers or retailers are not welcome here.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭fitzy_fitzy

I have  removed C4 out of my house. The controller stopped controlling. Couldn't get someone to look at it for me. Got a price on replacing. Lets just say you would want a blank check book. I literally disconnected €20,000 worth of equipment. 80% of my lights are back as standard, switch on the wall, very reliable. The rest of my lights are on a system |Lightwave Rf  and working well.  I have harmony elite remote for Audio/Visual. For music I have Sonos.  Electric blinds and gate are also on Lightwave RF.  Control4 is the biggest regret of my life. The elite does work with Philips lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

I have  removed C4 out of my house. The controller stopped controlling. Couldn't get someone to look at it for me. Got a price on replacing. Lets just say you would want a blank check book. I literally disconnected €20,000 worth of equipment. 80% of my lights are back as standard, switch on the wall, very reliable. The rest of my lights are on a system |Lightwave Rf  and working well.  I have harmony elite remote for Audio/Visual. For music I have Sonos.  Electric blinds and gate are also on Lightwave RF.  Control4 is the biggest regret of my life. The elite does work with Philips lighting.

I hear you. I wish I had my money back also.

Advertisement