Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecturer hasnt given us our results

Options
  • 10-03-2018 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Im in University and most of our course is assessment based, we have 2 exams in May but otherwise its all essays and group work. Our semester one assignments - all essays, were handed in in mid January - we've received results for all assignments within 3 weeks of handing them in bar one. This was also our shortest essay out of all of our assignments. - Im very concerned about my results as we all struggled with this essay, the teacher provided themes and titles to base essay on but they were very difficult to structure around the subject and theorists we learned about. Allot of the theorists we focused on where based on 1800's and early 1900's American society, allot of talk about factory workers in the 1900's etc, we had to write about contemporary Irish society based on these old men theories - our notes provided and suggested reading only complicated things as any quotes or information on theorists didnt fit with the essay titles or contemporary society - my class group all seemed to share similare frustrations relating to this essay. Im convinced I failed and the long wait for results is making me very anxious as our final assessment dates are looming and we still dont know if we passed first semester yet. Is it normal for a lecturer to take over 2 months to give students results and feedback or should something be said at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Most third level departments are obliged to issue results and feedback 30 working days after deadline date. I would query your concern with the module co-ordinator or head of department.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Time to get talking to the head of department, he/she may not be aware of their colleague's relaxed nature. If that fails the student president or welfare officer is your next call because it'll be affecting you thinking about it.

Advertisement