Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from EL

Options
  • 10-03-2018 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭

Hi

I intend shortly to switch supplier from EL. I've been with EL for about 3 years. I was just wondering if there is anything I need to know in terms of terminating my contract with you like are their any chargers I would have to pay other than the outstanding bill? I just have a regular residential account thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi AllForIt,

Thanks for your message, we're sorry to read that you are switching away from Electric Ireland.

If you are no longer in a contract, then there are no charges to switch away. Customers switching to a new provided must just clear their final bill (which will be based on the readings to the new supplier, at the time of the switch).

Should you be in a contract with Electric Ireland, then there is a charge of €50 per fuel to break a contract.

If you are not sure if you are in a contract, could you please send us a private message, including the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • Your address
    • Your telephone number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    We can then look into confirming this for you.

Should you ever consider switching back to Electric Ireland, please note all available offers can be found online here. Alternatively, the dedicated Electric Ireland Sales team on 1850 305 090, available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturday.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige 

Advertisement