Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 31 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Brego888 wrote: »
    Anyone who hasn't saved their free hit for this week has made a boo-boo

I wouldn't agree with that. There is an article on the scout which delves into using the free hit this week and it doesn't give that much of a points advantage unless your team is totally not set up to have a decent bit of cover for the gameweek. I have my free hit chip left and I won't be using it this week as I prefer it for a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

blackwave wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with that. There is an article on the scout which delves into using the free hit this week and it doesn't give that much of a points advantage unless your team is totally not set up to have a decent bit of cover for the gameweek. I have my free hit chip left and I won't be using it this week as I prefer it for a double.

Yeah it's obviously a game of opinions. I'll be using my treble captain for one of the big double game weeks and a bench boost on another. In my view free hit is ideal for this week as there are so many poor teams playing that the majority of users will barely have 5 players available where now I'll have 11 and a full bench is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Yeah it's obviously a game of opinions. I'll be using my treble captain for one of the big double game weeks and a bench boost on another. In my view free hit is ideal for this week as there are so many poor teams playing that the majority of users will barely have 5 players available where now I'll have 11 and a full bench is necessary.

I'd be hard pressed to find 11 players worth having out of the BGW31 teams, let alone using a FH to get them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think the exact opposite. The fact that there are so many poor teams playing means that you'll be stocking up on poor players that might only net you a few points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think the article on the scout which actually examined the exact amount of players people will have available might be more accurate than your packet of fags calculations. But yeah, it's a game of opinions and you are entitled to a wrong one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mine netted me around 40 points early in season when there was a massive fixture swing for one week
    For next week I have 8 players and 2FT
    I’m only using one of the FT cos I have to

If I had FH I wouldn’t be using it next week ..........

But yeah, it's a game of opinions and you are entitled to a wrong one.

So clever

I think the exact opposite. The fact that there are so many poor teams playing means that you'll be stocking up on poor players that might only net you a few points.

Yeah I get what you're saying. Maybe I'm basing my decision to play it on the others around me in my league having already used there's and I've a good chance to catch the guy in first in my league as he only has 4 players playing as it stands!
    And there are only 8 weeks and I've 3 chips yet to play.

Lossl
    Baines Ake Zouma
    Mane Salah Sigurdson Shaqiri
    Firmino Tosun Wilson

Zaha
    Bergovic
    Van Aanholt
    Schindler

That's what I'd be looking at having only had 4 players playing before using the chip. Even if it gets me 20 something more than my opponent I'll be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With the FH you are playing against yourself. This is how it needs to be approached. What score you get against the score you would have got. I targetted a midweek gw fixture back in December for mine but didnt play it in the end. I ended up getting about 30 points. My propsed FH team netted close to 70. A lot of my rivals got scores in the 60s that week so I wouldnt have made that much ground up but it would have been a huge improvement on the score I ended up getting. I have 8 players next week so i couldnt see a FH net me more than 15 pts. For someone with 4/5 players it could be worth a FH this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Aguero -> Firminho seems likely now I guess.

Boring though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Thinking of doing the following for a -8

Rudiger, Lingard/Sterling, Aguero and Kane to
    PVA, Mane, Firmino, Tosun

This will leave me with 10 players for next GW, and 9.8/12.1m in the bank.

of the 4, Kane is the only one that I would get back straight away, depending on if Sterling plays tomorrow or not, the others are either rotation risk or injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Brego888 wrote:

Unless you had the foresight to plan ahead like most here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Hoping Mane is hitting good form so got him back again for Ericksen. Had got rid of Mane when he got red carded at start of season and hoping now he can bring in some points. Also good time to get rid of Ramsey as he seems incapable of playing two games in the one week. Got in Stanislas as replacement to play next week when I heard Arsenal team today so hoping he keeps up the good form showed today. Be careful playing the free hit as I made a complete mess of my selection earlier in the year and actually got less than I would have if I kept the same team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

Looking at my team with all my Aguero and Kane money to spend :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

ScummyMan wrote: »
    laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

Looking at my team with all my Aguero and Kane money to spend :P

All that gold and nothing to spend it on.
    I already have 3 Liverpool including Firmino and I can't think of a striker to bring in who plays next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Tosun as a punt maybe.

Benteke or King...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Anyone out ——->
    Anyone in <————

Do we think Zaha will start the next game or he'll be eased back in? Will probably take a punt on him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I went wild and swapped Tom Carroll for McArthur. 8 players for the coming GW. I'm loathe to taking a hit for a short GW. Kane depending on his injury situation might make me change my plans.

• Advertisement

Honestly I'm considering doing Adrian to DDG as I have to use a transfer
    Have 8 players for next week
    No WC so need to start getting dgw players in
    Kane injury likely means extra transfers needed

Never mind I'm .3 short !
    He was the ideal transfer as he won't play in cup so less risk of injury or suspension
    Will have to think about it more
    Hard to make decisions with cup games not played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Players I would never dream of selling OUT.

Players I would normally never dream of buying, IN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Currently have roughly 9ish for the DGW --- a half injured Walcott and JJ Kenny are included in that count.

Was set to take a hit but not sure if it's worth it at this stage....considering Arnie --> Stanislas, and/or Bavies --> Ake :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 6 and Siggy who is flagged now. Might take a -4 now to get up to 8/9. Thinking Shaq and Bournemouth attacker in for Kane and Sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have
    Myhill (second choice)
    Tomkins
    Bauer
    Gomez (not starting regularly)
    Salah
    Deulofeu (injured)
    Walcott (injured)
    Milivojevic
    Firminho

All for next week I’ve DeGea Ota Kun Kane Mee to sell.
    I’ve 2 free transfers and might take a -4 if I think it’s a good gamble. I’m wildcarding then next week so doesn’t matter what state my squads in.

Who do people think would be worth a gamble in my situation? I’m top in my two main money leagues but not by a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Have
    Myhill (second choice)
    Tomkins
    Bauer
    Gomez (not starting regularly)
    Salah
    Deulofeu (injured)
    Walcott (injured)
    Milivojevic
    Firminho

All for next week I’ve DeGea Ota Kun Kane Mee to sell.
    I’ve 2 free transfers and might take a -4 if I think it’s a good gamble. I’m wildcarding then next week so doesn’t matter what state my squads in.

Who do people think would be worth a gamble in my situation? I’m top in my two main money leagues but not by a lot

Walcott doesn't appear to be injured.

The only player you don't have that I might be concerned about is Shaqiri.

You could also do Gomez to VVD or Robertson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Benimar wrote: »
    Walcott doesn't appear to be injured.

The only player you don't have that I might be concerned about is Shaqiri.

You could also do Gomez to VVD or Robertson

Ya I’m looking at shaq..another pool starter seems to be a must. Might go with Gomez- Robertson and a mid - shaq. A gamble on a striker may not be out of the equation yet but the question is which one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thinking Kane -> Bournemouth striker (with or without the injury).

Otamendi Eriksen Kane to Baines Stanislas Benteke... Would give me 10 for a hit:

Butland
    Baines VVD
    Salah Shaq Walcott Stan
    Firmino Benteke Depoitre

• Advertisement

Otamendi Eriksen Kane to Baines Stanislas Benteke... Would give me 10 for a hit:

Butland
    Baines VVD
    Salah Shaq Walcott Stan
    Firmino Benteke Depoitre

Benteke is an interesting one BUT he was subbed at HT at the weekend ?????

Advertisement