Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 31 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

carnie wrote: »
    Baines or Tosun?

Whilst I brought in tosun in wouldn't load up on Everton unless you can wildcard next week as they face man city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

carnie wrote: »
    Baines or Tosun?

Was just to say Tosun myself. Of forwards on form he is second highest who has a game (Troy Deeney higher)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Whilst I brought in tosun in wouldn't load up on Everton unless you can wildcard next week as they face man city

Completely agree. Personally I'm only looking at Tosun as my Everton cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I have six players. Willing to take a hit for someone. Two of Mané, Tosun and Zaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

I have six players. Willing to take a hit for someone. Two of Mané, Tosun and Zaha.

Depends who you are transferring out to be honest. Me i would go with mane and one of the other two depending on the transfer out and what it leaves you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Mane, Stanislan and Tosun in on a minus 8. Going to WC in 32

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dsmythy wrote: »
    Anyone buy into the "it's only a 2 point hit really" talk? Replacing a blanker with a player if that player just shows up and doesn't act stupid he'll score 2?

Its a flawed way of thinking. Its a 4 pt hit against all the teams that will play the FH as they will have 11. Its also a 4 pt hit if you compare your team to any other team that currently has more players than you. In effect if you are calling it a 2 pt hit you have already taken the 2 pt hit by getting in the situation that you can't field a full team or as many players as the teams that can field more than you. If you compare your team let's say it has 7 players to the teams that have less than you, well then you can maybe argue its a 2 pt hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone buy into the "it's only a 2 point hit really" talk? Replacing a blanker with a player if that player just shows up and doesn't act stupid he'll score 2?

Its a flawed way of thinking. Its a 4 pt hit against all the teams that will play the FH as they will have 11. Its also a 4 pt hit if you compare your team to any other team that currently has more players than you. In effect if you are calling it a 2 pt hit you have already taken the 2 pt hit by getting in the situation that you can't field a full team or as many players as the teams that can field more than you. If you compare your team let's say it has 7 players to the teams that have less than you, well then you can maybe argue its a 2 pt hit.
    And if you don’t have a WC those players require transfers to move back
    I’m confortable going with 8 plus Shawcross
    Hope the team sheets don’t throw up any nasty suprises though

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »

Ye makes no sense if you have no wildcard to sell a dgw player. Going with 8 myself. Can see why people with wildcards would take the odd hit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

In middle of FH and already regretting it:),3 pool,zaha and 7 donkeys but I've only 2 pool without it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Decided im banking transfer for next week. Kane will not drop below 12.7 by the end of the gameweek surely. So ill plan possibly getting rid of him after the weekend.

Just dont see the point in bring in any random average players who more then likely wont score much just to have them for one week.

I have 6 players ill be grand :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

mugsymugsy wrote: »

Yeah I’ll be wildcarding next week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like there's going to be snow overnight in Huddersfield. I'd be leaving any transfers as late as possible just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Looks like there's going to be snow overnight in Huddersfield. I'd be leaving any transfers as late as possible just in case.

Serious doubt there will be any canceled games.
    Done Rosenoir to Coleman. Happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Serious doubt there will be any canceled games.
    Done Rosenoir to Coleman. Happy with that

Probably not, I'm just being ultra cautious just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Solomon Rondon, anyone?

I've got this feeling about him. Although I'd hoped Pardew would have been sacked by now!

Bobby F is the logical option though, if you're interested in that sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm looking a bit skinny this week.

TAA Robertson Bauer
    Salah Pritchard
    Wilson Quanar

I've one FT left (Auba in for Kane done and WCing into GW33 is the current plan) and will probably bring in Stanislas for Haz/Alli.

With the first match not until the afternoon I advise people to wait.
    For example there are rumblings that Sorloth has a hammy. Alas I don't have a link and am not looking for a striker but we may get some nuggets tomo.

I don't think I'll be hitting in anyone even if we hear Shaq is not starting and our resident Everton fans have Baines OOP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Solomon Rondon, anyone?

I've got this feeling about him. Although I'd hoped Pardew would have been sacked by now!

Bobby F is the logical option though, if you're interested in that sort of thing!

Hi FSA. Sorry for neglecting ye for so long. But I couldn't buy the legend that is PVA without checking in with ye all.

I have 9 for the BGW with no hits, and wildcarding soon after so considering a hit for an extra defender.

And who else could I buy really...... Hopefully his DGW magic also works in blanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Hi FSA. Sorry for neglecting ye for so long. But I couldn't buy the legend that is PVA without checking in with ye all.

I have 9 for the BGW with no hits, and wildcarding soon after so considering a hit for an extra defender.

And who else could I buy really...... Hopefully his DGW magic also works in blanks

Some of us* have owned him for his last two games quite successfully as it happens :)

*Mr.P has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

On a free hit and here’s my midfield -

Salah Mane Stanislas Zaha Shaqiri

Is leaving Walcott out a mistake?

I wouldn’t have him in ahead of any of those 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I've the exact same. Firmino and Mounie up top.
    Baines, PVD and Hadergjonaj at the back with Begovic in goal

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

On the FH. Have 3 questions remaining.

1. Tosun definitely ahead of Benteke (Firmino & Wilson the other 2)?
    2. VVD or Mané? Already have VVD, Salah & Firmino.
    3. Which GK? Begovic, Pickford or Lossl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Did my transfers somewhere betweem the Three Arena and the Chipper in Ringsend after a skinful of pints last night....

Elliot > Lossl
    Kane > Wilson
    Duffy > Baines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Neoulous wrote: »
    On the FH. Have 3 questions remaining.

1. Tosun definitely ahead of Benteke (Firmino & Wilson the other 2)?
    2. VVD or Mané? Already have VVD, Salah & Firmino.
    3. Which GK? Begovic, Pickford or Lossl?

Tosun
    Mane
    Lossl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

2 fts and haven't a bleedin notion. Have 6 players inc Shaqiri. Want Mounie, Tosun, PVA, Walcott and Stanislas but know I shouldn't really take a hit. Really can't decide. I just want Walcott out of fear really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

stephenl15 wrote:
    2 fts and haven't a bleedin notion. Have 6 players inc Shaqiri. Want Mounie, Tosun, PVA, Walcott and Stanislas but know I shouldn't really take a hit. Really can't decide. I just want Walcott out of fear really

Definitely get some Bournemouth attacking cover today if you haven't already got some in your 6.

Advertisement