Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France vs England Sat 10 Mar 4:30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭showpony1

terrible from England haven't broke the gain line once, running straight into brick walls until they concede the penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

It was only last week that I finally discovered that Bastaraud is a centre and not a prop.

I'm sure a mate told me previously, but I must have though he was taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

How frustrating are France to watch? Playing with no structure. Throwing silly passes/offloads and giving away stupid penalties. But capable of making something out of nothing. Physically huge too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Are the TV3 commentators in the stadium or do they have to report from a studio somewhere? They had no idea the whistle had gone for a forward pass there near the start.

They were in Paris for the Ireland game so probably there again.

why are England not going for touch when they need tries?
    playing into Irelands hands here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

They don’t look like scoring 4 tries today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

11 penalties in all after 29 minutes

Farrell can kick all the penalties he wants but they've gone half an hour without scoring a try.

Frances lineout is so sh*t they didn't even think of going for the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Unlikely england will get the bonus point, they were far more creative under lancaster. No creativity now a days under jones.

As for france if they are going back for bastareud, its a sorry state for french rugby

have they broke frances line once other than france throwing it to them in which they seemed to have zero pace to capitalise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

England looked decent in the first 20 but their level has dropped steeply since then. Overall it's been a poor performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

clsmooth wrote: »
    How frustrating are France to watch? Playing with no structure. Throwing silly passes/offloads and giving away stupid penalties. But capable of making something out of nothing. Physically huge too.

Yep. Since the new coach took over they seem to playing without any structure. Heads up/ad hoc rugby. It’s pretty mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Really sloppy offsides there.

Machenaud is on fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

C__MC wrote: »
    Unlikely england will get the bonus point, they were far more creative under lancaster. No creativity now a days under jones.

As for france if they are going back for bastareud, its a sorry state for french rugby
    Bastareaud is a great player though, I think any team would use him. He draws so much attention from the defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dont want England scoring a try here but its looking like they will and just before HT too

PTH2009 wrote: »
    dont want England scoring a try here but its looking like they will and just before HT too

France need to be awake now for the next few mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I like the way in that this is such a very close game between France & England for now. Both teams are now currently tied at 9-9. This makes the 2nd half even more open now than we ever expected because both teams have a equal chance of winning their game today by making a big impact for Ireland which makes it more exciting before the final whistle is blown until it passes the 80 minutes. Two fascinating games of rugby & a possible Championship win for Ireland today to add to the excitement? All I can say is bring it on.

Some kicking display from both Machenaud and Farrell.

• Advertisement

Bastareaud is a great player though, I think any team would use him. He draws so much attention from the defense.

What he lacks in skill he makes up in sheer physicality

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I like the way that this is so very close game between France & England for now. Both teams are now currently tied at 9-9. This makes the 2nd half even more open now than we ever expected because both teams have a equal chance of winning their game today which makes it more exciting before the final whistle is blown until it passes the 80 minutes. Two fascinating games of rugby & a possible Championship win for Ireland today to add to the excitement? All I can say is bring it on.

Thank you, Ralph Wiggum.

England penalty could be coming here

Edit: or not, great result so far for Ireland and France would have to be happy with 9-9 after the way they started.

We’ll take that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Worst commentary ever. The bloke on TV3. Having to watch match with sound off to avoid putting foot in TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

This is looking very good for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Can't see England coming close to scoring 4 tries in the second half. They've had no real opportunities at all so far.

Everything coming up Milhouse for Ireland so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Hopefully England tire themselves out mightily today, whatever way the result goes. Might be needed for Ireland to be able to win in Twickenham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ok France don't let them score more than 3 trys, he'll France go on and win the game and really rub it in

No matter what the result today England will be up for the game next Sat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

What he lacks in skill he makes up in sheer physicality
    He's the closest thing to a running back in rugby. I bet in 20 years all centres will be his shape/size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

England seem to be relying upon the notion that France can’t compete for the full 80 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

England are not controlling the game.

They are poor enough against a French team that should get a bit of confidence from the first half.

See what happens if the pressure comes on EJ's team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Subpopulus wrote: »
    Everything coming up Milhouse for Ireland so far.

For the championship, but beware an English team at home with nothing to lose but pride for the Grand Slam

Akrasia wrote: »
    For the championship, but beware an English team at home with nothing to lose but pride for the Grand Slam

I’d take that over an English team who could win the championship at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

I'm baffled by the English approach to this game. It's as if no one told them the result from Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Jerry Gus is gonna cry 😢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Penalty count is mad. Almost inconceivable the St. Itoje was pinged too.

The more I see Martin Johnson in punditry the more I like him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

C__MC wrote: »
    I disagree with your comments bout how good england need to be. Since jones came in, they have a won a slam and equaled the all time record of consecutive wins plus won a series in Australia.

Ireland under schmidt have yet to do any of that.

Ireland havnt played a series under Schmidt in Australia.

A lot of Englands wins in the six nations are mental mess ups by the likes of Wales or Scotland.

Their air of invincibility is gone after the Scots game.

I think the French have a good chance here.

Ireland havnt played a series under Schmidt in Australia.

A lot of Englands wins in the six nations are mental mess ups by the likes of Wales or Scotland.

Their air of invincibility is gone after the Scots game.

I think the French have a good chance here.

+1. I think the Jones aura was dented big time in Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I’d take that over an English team who could win the grand slam at home.

They've already missed an opportunity at a Grand Slam, only the championship left.

If England don't get 5 points today, odds on Eddie Jones throwing the toys out and fielding a weakened team next week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

England definitely encountered a better Scotland and a better France than Ireland did.

Second last weekend and I’m still cringing at the Beebs hype promo for the women’s rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VeryOwl

mangobob wrote: »
    I'm baffled by the English approach to this game. It's as if no one told them the result from Dublin...

It's bizarrely passive. Contrast to Ireland who clearly went out to get a bonus point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

Think a few England players are tired after Lions series.

Ford-Farrell simply isn't working in attack anymore and is a liability defensively. Their back row balance is a joke. They lack ball carrying ballast without Billy. They will still beat a lot of teams due to the quality in their side, but they do not look a well developed team.

England definitely encountered a better Scotland and a better France than Ireland did.

Or you know.. Ireland just stopped them from being better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

razorblunt wrote: »
    Second last weekend and I’m still cringing at the Beebs hype promo for the women’s rugby.

The Scottish girl looks like she's going to burst out laughing! It really is awful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

England are shocking again today - England have only scored one try in their last 180 minutes of rugby. Not too worried that England are trying to tire France out, when in actual fact England have made more tackles according to the BBC stats.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

MJohnston wrote: »
    They've already missed an opportunity at a Grand Slam, only the championship left.

If England don't get 5 points today, odds on Eddie Jones throwing the toys out and fielding a weakened team next week?

Not a chance - its payback time for them after Ireland denied England the slam last year, England will want to do that for Ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement