Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France vs England Sat 10 Mar 4:30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I felt there was no way we'd win the tournament tonight but glad to be proven wrong. Thanks to Joe and the players and merci France!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Merci monsieurs, merci.

There’s a Chateneuf de Pape here to toast this.

Inverdale here too, even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The game can't just end normally when France are involved :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Now for the slam, if me nerves hold out

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

YEEEEEEOOOOOOWWW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Is anyone else excited for Jones' interview

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

Mushy wrote: »
    Best team have won the Championship though

definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Brilliant. Well done France. I'd say Jones is truly stuffed like a beaten white chicken now with this defeat.

Credit to Brunel too, steadies the ship, especially with the Edinburgh shenanigans.
    Should stand to them come next season, maybe not next March but October of 2019.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Weepsie wrote: »
    Depending on results next week, England could be 4th at best.

Actually, A Wales win tomorrow, a France, Ireland, and Scotland Wwn next week combined with England not getting any more bonus points could see them 5th?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

definitely
    Thought the best team lost the Ireland - Wales game according to you?

I really hope they interview Mike Brown

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Is anyone else excited for Jones' interview

He was grand after Scotland. He's worse pre game, and he's a bad winner. But he's been okay in defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

razorblunt wrote: »
    Credit to Brunel too, steadies the ship, especially with the Edinburgh shenanigans.
    Should stand to them come next season, maybe not next March but October of 2019.
    He was exactly what France need. He'll never please the purists but he has brought structure and a team ethic back to his national side.

France aren't a very good side but they are difficult to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Nervy last few minutes for me. Had a nice double on Stockdale 1st tryscorer and France to win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Ireland deserving champions. Sextons drop goal brilliant.

I think the criticism off England is harsh though, we were rudderless last year and not much better in 2016. England will come again, they are still miles off winning world cup but I wouldn't' write them off just yet.

i think he is a dreadful coach. even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut. france were ****e

Oh Inverdale, it was yellow and penalty try. He’s disgusted Guscott agrees with peyper.

No chat on Itoje dragging Camara’s arm or Haskell pinning the sub prop to the ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Thought the best team lost the Ireland - Wales game according to you?
    they did also

• Advertisement

i think he is a dreadful coach. even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut. france were ****e

Odd nut? That could apply to your posts too fella.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

i don't read into penalty counts. its so subjective. the ref does what he wants. you cant control him.

as ken early said " its 30 men wrestling for 80 minutes while the referee arbitrarily awards 3 points to each team at various intervals"

Odd nut? That could apply to your posts too fella.

you think France look well coached?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Burkie1203 wrote: »

*Intrigued that LOTR director follows rugby*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

i don't read into penalty counts. its so subjective. the ref does what he wants. you cant control him.

as ken early said " its 30 men wrestling for 80 minutes while the referee arbitrarily awards 3 points to each team at various intervals"

Every professional rugby team does analysis on the ref for a reason.

But you’ve been on the wind up for most the day to be fair

That's a load of rubbish. Sure some penalties are dubious and debatable but the vast majority are deserved and well disciplined teams will win more often.

It very clear form your previous posts you pretty much some sort of vendetta against refs and think they're generally awful.

Try a new record.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

You can though - you study the referee as much as the other team, you know what they like, what they don't like. Ireland had great body positions today when over the ball, which Barnes likes

You can though - you study the referee as much as the other team, you know what they like, what they don't like. Ireland had great body positions today when over the ball, which Barnes likes

the refs shouldn't have styles. the rules are the rules.

such as poite and garces in the lions tour. what stats can be attributed to that nonsense.

its_phil wrote: »
    Every professional rugby team does analysis on the ref for a reason.

But you’ve been on the wind up for most the day to be fair

it seems like a bit of a closed shop. either drink the koolaid or youre not welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

such as poite and garces in the lions tour. what stats can be attributed to that nonsense.

Rules..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Human interpretation of rules

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Every little thing count in international rugby, the margins are so slim

Jones thinks the the team is only 2/3% away from being where they want to be.
    What? Losing by less points?

I didn’t say that, did I? They didn’t need a coach to come in and make them world beaters, they needed someone to organise them and make them hard them beat and play to their strengths as they currently are.

That’s exactly what he’s done.

Eddie Jones

Learning period for England, struggling with their game a little bit - while they are disappointed, they need to learn from it.

2 or 3% all - beaten at the breakdown, gave away too many penalties, you go through these periods as a team but they will get through it.

Thought the leadership was outstanding, put themselves back in a position to win the game

Got to get momentum when asked about only scoring two tries in 200 odd minutes.

Important game v Ireland at home, disappointed they are not in contention, but want to finish on a high

I didn’t say that, did I? They didn’t need a coach to come in and make them world beaters, they needed someone to organise them and make them hard them beat and play to their strengths as they currently are.

Someone must be having a wum.

French coach came in in January, (after the first French coach ever to be sacked), and for in that short space of time to have done pretty well to take them from being extremely poor to winning a few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

it seems like a bit of a closed shop. either drink the koolaid or youre not welcome.

I’ll take the koolaid that the professional teams are serving because they do the work on refs for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

What are these rules of which you speak?

Total bullsh1t. By consistently giving away penalties you are giving your opponent a way into the game. Robshaw was offside twice, Lawes at the lineout, high tackle on Bastereaud etc. All avoidable. All down to poor discipline.

Rugby does not have rules. It has laws and laws are open to interpretation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

OldRio wrote: »
    What are these rules of which you speak?

Some of have great difficulty in typing the word "Lawes" - especially after an English match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I wouldn't necessarily agree with anything that Ken Early says.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

I think those backs are capable of more in attack than they are showing. Hopefully, a settled squad will deliver more. Real Verdun spirit in defence, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The BBC narrative of France being unfit and wanting a slow game just baffles me at this stage. More than any other team France are trying to play with dynamism and tempo. In fact they play too fast for their own good most of the time.

Every one of their 'analysts' reads from the same hymn sheet.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Possible for England to finish 5th depending on results next week (2nd also possible of course). Naturally if Ireland win not many on here will care much what the order behind is but 5th would be a quite remarkable fall from grace for the back to back champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Possible for England to finish 5th depending on results next week (2nd also possible of course). Naturally if Ireland win not many on here will care much what the order behind is but 5th would be a quite remarkable fall from grace for the back to back champions.

I believe the phrase is “icing on the cake”

Mmmmmmmmm cake

BBDBB wrote: »
    I believe the phrase is “icing on the cake”

Mmmmmmmmm cake

So long as it's not Venjur supplying the icing. ðŸ€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

the ref does what he wants. you cant control him.

You may not be able to control him, but you certainly can influence him. Hence why Murray does all that flapping and yapping that you so despise :p

Not sure if you are referring here to your views being expressed on this forum, but I for one appreciate your unique and (dare I say) contrarian perspectives. I disagree with many of them but I find others insightful and in fairness you also got the 20 point margin spot on. So fair play sir :cool:

Ardillaun wrote: »
    I think those backs are capable of more in attack than they are showing. Hopefully, a settled squad will deliver more. Real Verdun spirit in defence, though.

You’re not wrong but he only came on board in January so I don’t think there was time for anything fancy, not that fancy would be Brunel’s style anyway.
    I like the winger Grosso though not afraid to get stuck in, a far cry from Huget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You can and talk to any international and they will say the exact same. I think it was discussed on podcast the other day. So some ref's you can talk to after a decision, some like Barnes you can't. If you do he wil march it 10m forward.

Also they are always hot on something, breakdown etc, so if you know they are hot on breakdown then you dont mess around at the breakdown.....

If the other team continue to give penalties away then at breakdown you can start to push it because the ref will auto think it is the team that gave away all the penalties to start with

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You can and talk to any international and they will say the exact same. I think it was discussed on podcast the other day. So some ref's you can talk to after a decision, some like Barnes you can't. If you do he wil march it 10m forward.

Also they are always hot on something, breakdown etc, so if you know they are hot on breakdown then you dont mess around at the breakdown.....

If the other team continue to give penalties away then at breakdown you can start to push it because the ref will auto think it is the team that gave away all the penalties to start with

Barnes is much improved in dealing with players. Far more open with players the last few seasons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement