Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing baby to intercounty matches

• 10-03-2018 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Does anyone else do this? We have a 6 month old that I'd love to bring as we've always gone but would like to hear other people's experiences.

Please be kind and keep advice constructive if possible, I know it's not something everyone would even consider.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

For me it would depend on where the match was on and the weather. If it was local and dry then I’d say go for it. But I wouldn’t be travelling a long distance for a match with a small baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Plenty of kids in Castlebar two weeks ago and the weather was freezing.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I wouldn't be bringing a 6 month old to Croke park, but I'd it's a relatively small grounds I'd say you'd be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Noise levels would put me off. Wouldn't want to injure the child's hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Clashmore

I have taken my children to Croke Park as babies and toddlers, not a regular occurrence it was an All-Ireland Semi-final and Waterford don’t always get to play in Croke Park. Toddler was harder to mind than baby.
    I was in Walsh Park in Waterford today, have been to all home league games this year with my 3 year old and my 8 month old. I live within walking distance so it’s handy enough. Don’t go to away games as often. U get to see most of the match but spend time trying to keep kids occupied too.

Clashmore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,889 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I was in Croke Park for Mayo Roscommon replay last year and there was a couple with 4 young children including one in a buggy. They managed fine. In fact, I was impressed at the how coordinated they were when it came to toilet breaks and so on.

My brother brings his young lady in one of them knapsack things and walks around when she gets restless.

Think it can be done. Get baby earmuffs and get them used to wearing them before ye go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Baby carrier and ear defenders and it will be fine. Took my older son to Wembley for the NFL at 6 months and it was pretty easy. A year later not so much!

Advertisement