Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents Don't want me to do Transition Year

Options
  • 10-03-2018 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My parents dont want me to do transition year because they think its a doss year and ill become lazy and not want to do study for the Leaving Cert. How can I persuade, or can I get any tips from people that did transition year to try and help me persuade them

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The figures show those who do TY perform better than those who don't. It's a 'get out of it what you put in' year. Did either of your parents do it? Did they doss?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Hate hearing these stupid comments.

Tranisition year was one of the most important years of school I ever did.

It does depend what teachers and students and parents are willing to put into it.

No it’s not a year of study study study, but it helps set you up for later life, perhaps, show you a career path.

I’m glad I did it I had an extra year to grow up before I headed to college.
    But I had made serious decisions that year that pointed me where I wanted to aim towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Advertisement