Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much can I expect my points to go up by?

Options
  • 10-03-2018 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I got 440 in my mocks. I was pretty happy with it, but I’d love to break the 500 mark. Is it unrealistic to jump that much?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I got 440 in my mocks. I was pretty happy with it, but I’d love to break the 500 mark. Is it unrealistic to jump that much?

I'd say only you or all your teachers could answer that.
    But on average (leaving bonus points out of the equation!) it would be about 10 extra points for each 6 subjects. So that's looking like moving up a grade for everything. That's not beyond the bounds of possibility either if you were borderline and the mock papers were relatively difficult.
    What did you think of the papers overall, did you have all the coursework finished in order to attempt all the questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tinabelcher99

Thank you :)
    The mocks weren’t too hard. I knew I was quite unprepared as I had only started studying for the papers a week beforehand (foolish I know, but I had German and Irish mock orals 2 weeks before and I put a lot of effort into them).
    The only course I have finished is History.
    I got H4s in German, Biology (admittedly didn’t study it enough) and Business (missed a question worth 25% as I ran out of time).
    H3s in Irish and History (close to getting a H2)
    H2 in English (delighted if I got this again, I’m definitely not H1 material haha).

I know that’s a mad amount of detail & I commend anyone that takes the time to read this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Well as a distant observer it would seem you've a bit of study space to move up. Although >500 would be a mix of H2's and H3's (preferably more H2's!!). So a lot more work to be done - which you know already.
    Keep chipping away at all your subjects making notes and flicking through exam papers.
    It's easy to waste time mulling over points and subject grade outcomes with a calculator, and not get any benefit from the exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I went from 415 to 470 back in 2012. A lot can be achieved between March and June, best of luck with it.

Advertisement