Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PostgreSQL Installation Help

Options
  • 10-03-2018 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I've recently installed PostgreSQL and have it launching at start up on my machine. It's looking for a password to login although I never set one up. I've tried to reset the password through the command line but it's still asking for a password there. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

If using linux the password will be blank , if windows you should have set it on install deafult user is usually postgres

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Midnight Diamond

I'm using a Mac and I've tried a blank password in terminal but I'm getting 'psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied' back. It doesn't let me login on startup either with a blank password

try in the terminal , sudo -u postgres psql

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Midnight Diamond

That worked! Thank you!

you can now set a password too with ALTER USER postgres WITH PASSWORD 'new_password';

• Advertisement
Advertisement