Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Older satellite maps of Dublin (like Google maps 5 from years ago)?

Options
  • 11-03-2018 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know where I would find old satellite views of Dublin streets ?
    I'd like to know what used to be at ~190 Collins Avenue, Beaumont Dublin. Currently it is a terrace of 4 new-builds and that's what you can see on google maps. I'd like to know what was there before the new-builds, did they just demolish a row of older houses or was there something else at that location.

Thanks,

Usjes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Usjes wrote: »
    Hi,

I'd like to know what used to be at ~190 Collins Avenue, Beaumont Dublin. Currently it is a terrace of 4 new-builds and that's what you can see on google maps. I'd like to know what was there before the new-builds, did they just demolish a row of older houses or was there something else at that location.

Thanks,

Usjes.

You can do it in Google Earth. Instructions here - https://support.google.com/earth/answer/148094?hl=en

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Usjes wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,

Usjes.
    Have you tried the OSI mapping website? I think this is 190 Collins Ave?
    The time slider gives aerial views from 2005, 2000, and 1995 as well as historic mapping dating back to 1838.

Advertisement