Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florida

Options
  • 11-03-2018 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I'm going to Florida in April for 2 weeks. I'm hoping to go to Orlando for 3/4days and then head to the beaches. Im not sure where to go though. Ive been to Miami, Fortlauderdale and the Keys before. Ive also been to the Clearwater area many years ago . Could anyone recommend a nice area to spend the remainder of the holiday? I'm looking for a nice area with a good choice of restaurant's, a nice beach and a little bit of life to it. We have young children. All suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Although we haven't been beyond the theme parks of Orlando & Tampa, I hear good things about Anna Maria Island & also Naples, maybe worth having a look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Naples is really beautiful. Very relaxing, terrific beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Exiled1

Pacific coast is excellent, Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island, Sarasota etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Whereisgerry?

Thanks for all your replies folks. I'll look into the Naples area. Can't wait for April!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Del007

Exiled1 wrote: »

Is the nightlife any good in any of these towns?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Exiled1

No experience of nightlife other than a few beers.
    April is at the end of high tourist season, so I expect there would be possibilities in Naples, Marco Island and Sarasota....just don't take my word for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Naples is beautiful but there are a lot of retired folk there so wouldn't bet on too much night life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Hollywood. Great beach, broadwalk and evening entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

I would head to Sarasota and stay at Siesta Key. Beach is beautiful and Siesta has loads of bars and restaurants in the village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Exiled1 wrote:

That's the Gulf Coast.

I wasn't mad about Sarasota. Siesta Key is lovely. Drive a bit further down to Fort Myers and you'll have everything you've listed in your OP on your doorstep. Sanibel is a 15 minute drive from Fort Myers and you HAVE to go for brunch in the Island Cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

snor wrote: »
    Naples is beautiful but there are a lot of retired folk there so wouldn't bet on too much night life :)
    As with everywhere, there are plenty of young and in the right area there is plenty of night life there and some really nice late bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Thanks for all your replies folks. I'll look into the Naples area. Can't wait for April!
    Plus one for Naples.. super area

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

Personally if it was me I would do Naples or Sarasota (Siesta Key ) Fort Myers is ok but away from the beaches it’s a little ruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Whereisgerry?

Dial Hard wrote: »
    That's the Gulf Coast.

I wasn't mad about Sarasota. Siesta Key is lovely. Drive a bit further down to Fort Myers and you'll have everything you've listed in your OP on your doorstep. Sanibel is a 15 minute drive from Fort Myers and you HAVE to go for brunch in the Island Cow.

I will have to Google that!! Thanks for your reply.

Advertisement