Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with multi-room eirvision box

Options
  • 11-03-2018 1:30am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I signed up to your Eir TV multi room package about a month or so ago. Had initial teething problems in which I ordered multiroom and the slightly more expensive package but for some reason my order was not correctly processed.

Cue myself ringing Eir again to discuss the issues. The rep on the phone was excellent, sorted my issue with one caveat that I had to be charged for a second call out despite me ordering the package as a bundle. Now, instead of simply waiving the charge she had to place a note on my account so a credit can be applied after I get charged for a second installation (which is just nonsensical  - and the credit has yet to be applied by the way).

But that really isn't my issue to be honest.

After only 3 weeks of usage, the multiroom box has totally given up the ghost. Doesn't switch on, no stand-by, nothing. Now, I could attempt to change the fuses but to be honest I'm concerned about voiding any warranties so I'm wondering if there is a way this can be resolved?

Preferably without another 60 euro call out charge (which would make 120 euro of unnecessary extra cost to a service I have only just signed up for, and did so primarily for the value of the multiroom box.)

Any and all help would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Necrominus wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I signed up to your Eir TV multi room package about a month or so ago. Had initial teething problems in which I ordered multiroom and the slightly more expensive package but for some reason my order was not correctly processed.

Cue myself ringing Eir again to discuss the issues. The rep on the phone was excellent, sorted my issue with one caveat that I had to be charged for a second call out despite me ordering the package as a bundle. Now, instead of simply waiving the charge she had to place a note on my account so a credit can be applied after I get charged for a second installation (which is just nonsensical  - and the credit has yet to be applied by the way).

But that really isn't my issue to be honest.

After only 3 weeks of usage, the multiroom box has totally given up the ghost. Doesn't switch on, no stand-by, nothing. Now, I could attempt to change the fuses but to be honest I'm concerned about voiding any warranties so I'm wondering if there is a way this can be resolved?

Preferably without another 60 euro call out charge (which would make 120 euro of unnecessary extra cost to a service I have only just signed up for, and did so primarily for the value of the multiroom box.)

Any and all help would be great.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi Necrominus, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll check this credit for you. In relation to the multiroom box, our support team would need to arrange this for you on 1890 260 260. They will be able to advise you on all, I'm afraid I am unable to organise this from here. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement