Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marks & Spencer 50% off Preview Sale

• 11-03-2018 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

180307_SalePrevLa_FLAG_01.jpg

Sale Preview LINK

Enter code SNEAKPEEK50 50% off

Use WELCOME10 also for €10 off on spends over €50.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Beersmith wrote: »
    Do you know when the sale starts?

Online now via this link only till midnight on Monday.

Instores and online publicly from Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

The link isn’t working

The link isn’t working

Try it again and see, should display the landing page with options for Men/Womens/Kids/Home etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

works fine for me. I assume welcome10 probably works

TheDriver wrote: »
    works fine for me. I assume welcome10 probably works

Yeah, just checked and it still works for orders over €50.

Free standard delivery also works with it and the SNEAKPEEK code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Davy wrote: »
    Try it again and see, should display the landing page with options for Men/Womens/Kids/Home etc.

Working now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Giggernaut

Ha ha bought nine items and recieved a mail a couple of minutes later saying six were unavailable. €200 down to €22 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Yeah, just checked and it still works for orders over €50.

Free standard delivery also works with it and the SNEAKPEEK code.

so does the express delivery

Beersmith wrote: »
    so does the express delivery

If you use the WELCOME10 code I think the express discount is removed though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thank you ! Just got some great bargains

• Advertisement

If you use the WELCOME10 code I think the express discount is removed though?

Ah you are right

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

I placed two orders under two different email address.

Order 1
    They cancelled one of my 3 items (which is still up on their website) seemingly so that I did not get the WELCOME10 discount

Order 1
    They cancelled my order (single item pair of shoes) saying "Unfortunately, the item(s) that you ordered was out of stock and we have had to cancel your order." more than likely because I used the WELCOME10 discount under a separate email address.

The item is still up on the website and showing in stock. I'd prefer if they said that you cannot use the code for the same delivery address.
    Has anyone else come across this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭magicray

Thanks for posting bought some work clothes, hate paying full price for work stuff

Thats strange, I have had things before cancelled but still available on the website.

They have also done it on a third order that I had placed. I am going to place another order now under a different name and choose store collection instead without the WELCOME10 code and see if that is not cancelled. If this is the case, that proves to be poor form.

I dont think its anything to do with the WELCOME10 code.

The stock comes from the UK and this sale is on the UK site from this morning also, so the level of orders is probably crazy.

When the stock levels will get updated then you wont be able to add the items to the cart, but with so many orders its gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Just had 2 orders cancelled, both using the WELCOME10 discount.

I had lots of my items cancelled but some got despatched with the pro rata of the welcome10 applied so its a stock issue and amount of sales.

Just had an order cancelled on me too ,.Used the SNEAKPEEK50 .But am guessing its due to high traffic on the site .

Just a quick update for everyone. I placed an order again without the WELCOME10 discount code and that was cancelled so it seems that it may be genuinely due to stock levels. Disappointing that a major online retailer using an advanced eCommerce platform such as Demandware don't have a better stock updating system in place, regardless of whether or not multiple regional stores are pulling from a central stocking system. Offers such a poor user experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

I had most of my order cancelled & like other posters mentioned, items still showing as in stock on the site. I always shop in the sale & this is the first time this has happened. Maybe they changed their systems, but it is very poor service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Add me to the list of people having half my order cancelled :mad: Chuffed with the bargains but obviously would have like all of my items dispatched

I had one item cancelled and out of curiosity I went back in an hour later and able to order it again and once again it was cancelled .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

How quick did they cancel your order?

Ordered a 3 piece suit earlier and no cancellation email so fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

My cancellation email came 7 minutes after my order confirmation

Mine came within 15/ 20 minutes

3/10 cancelled for me. Cancelled straight away which seems weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Anything special you need for SNEAKPEEK50 to work? Gf trying here with some jeans at 47.50 and it ain't working. Added two incase order needs to be over 50 and no dice either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Anything special you need for SNEAKPEEK50 to work? Gf trying here with some jeans at 47.50 and it ain't working. Added two incase order needs to be over 50 and no dice either.

It's only for items that show in the original link or that say 50% off in red writing underneath the item. I didn't actually have to use the code the discount showed when added to basket.

• Advertisement

My order was cancelled 3 mins after placing it.

I placed another order with welcome 10 and items that were out of stock earlier along with other items. Got email 10 mins later that only certain items were coming so 10 euro worth of stuff on its way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

initially added welcome10 fine but then it said welcome10 was invalid when i went to pay, and to remove it from my basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I paid as a guest and never took down the order number. Didn't get a confirmation email either. Half asleep buying stuff online is not good. It's just pending on my online bank account. Is there anyway to retrieve the order number now? Can't track my order or anything as I paid as a guest. Have a feeling I'll wake up tomorrow to an email saying out of stock though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

180307_SalePrevLa_FLAG_01.jpg

Sale Preview LINK

Enter code SNEAKPEEK50 50% off

Use WELCOME10 also for €10 off on spends over €50.

Two shirts for less than 40 blips. Great start to Monday.

When is the sale meant to start. Everything I'd ordered yesterday and had cancelled is still available to order now. Money is showing as pending in my account aswell which is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Really irritating to order and then get a cancellation email 2 mins later. Particularly as now the €47 is held as pending on my debit card

Still just pending on my online bank account. No confirmation about buying anything on my email. Anyone else get this?

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Really irritating to order and then get a cancellation email 2 mins later. Particularly as now the €47 is held as pending on my debit card

Same here , two cancellations and now the money pending on my card . Very annoying and poor control on the site /

I placed another order but 5 mins later I got an email saying its been despatched but they amended it as some items were out of stock. All but 1 item removed. Full amount pending in my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

added the sneakpeak code...but no discount is applied.

I'm at the checkout screen. Tells me the discount is already in my cart if i try add it again

wouldnt bother buying if i dont get the discount

Edit:Placed order. No Sneakpeek discount applied. 2 mins after placing order i get a cancellation email for one of the items.

Just rang customer services about discount..was told they dont do multiple discounts on an order. I had selected 3 shirts for 120, so that overrode the sneekpeak discount.

so i just cancelled the whole order instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭blue_blue

Bad form to be cancelling all the orders. Is this a valid sale or a ‘hidden’ sale that we’re not supposed to be using?

How long does the pending now take to come off our bank accounts? 3 to 4 days I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

martin101 wrote: »
    How long does the pending now take to come off our bank accounts? 3 to 4 days I presume?

Yeah usually.

Its amazing how they can instantly take it out but take 3-4 days to put it back. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

2 pairs of PJs and pants for work. €45 snots. Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

2 pairs of PJs and pants for work. €45 snots. Thanks a million

PJs and pants for work? Do you test beds or something? :)

I tend to sleep on the job

Edit : spoke too soon. The PJs were cancelled

martin101 wrote: »
    Still just pending on my online bank account. No confirmation about buying anything on my email. Anyone else get this?

Yes - just now. Price for what is available is listed as the full price which is a tad worrying. Presume the actual debit will be minus 50%.

Yes - just now. Price for what is available is listed as the full price which is a tad worrying. Presume the actual debit will be minus 50%.

My e mail had the price with 50% already taken off .
    So jumper was 46 and my e mail was for €23 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I've had some amount of orders cancelled on me so far :) Now trying to split everything out into single item orders and see how that goes!

ionapaul wrote: »
    I've had some amount of ordered cancelled on me so far :) Now trying to split everything out into single item orders and see how that goes!

Did the same thing 30 seconds ago. Went back and saw the cancelled item is stil listed as available on the website so ordered it individually. Prob be cancelled again now in a minute

• Advertisement
Advertisement