Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marks & Spencer 50% off Preview Sale

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

ionapaul wrote: »
    I've had some amount of ordered cancelled on me so far :) Now trying to split everything out into single item orders and see how that goes!

I did tgat yesterday , re ordered a cancelled item as it was still available . It too was cancelled and now its pending on my account .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

I couldn't add shirts to my basket ... even though they were showing as in stock... ah flip!!!!

Eventually got sorted ... 3 shirts ... and a top for the missus

Make that 1 shirt.... The other two were cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I never got a cancelled email. I didn't get any email at all. I bought as a guess. The money is pending on my account. Should I be worried? Or will it just not go through and be refunded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

I emailed M&S because my cancelled items are currently showing up as available. Here's their response :

I am really sorry that some of your items from your order were cancelled. The warehouse cannot guarantee their stock is updated as fast as they normally do it during sales and promotions. I do apologise about that.

The items you selected are very popular items. During a 50% sale they do not last for long. The warehouse establishes a queue and a first come-first served system is put in place. I am really sorry that your order could not be fulfilled due to lack of stock. They try to update and replenish the gone stock but is not that easy.

In busy periods like this our warehouse can take up to 24 hours to update their stock. At times this Sunday they were dealing lots of orders as many customers in Ireland were sent a 50% offer. Please allow me to apologise again.

All the items sold out this weekend should be updated or will be updated in the next few hours. There are still a lot of orders awaiting dispatch from this weekend. Then you can check which items become available again the next following weeks.

I do appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 656 641 between 07.00 - 19.00 from Monday to Sunday.

If you would like to resolve your query now and chat with our advisors, please click here between 07:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I put 5 things in my basket yesterday but didn't check out until lunchtime today. Probably jinxing myself but no cancellation email yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

In similar situation, placed an order for 4 items and just received an email with updated delivery order with only 1 item available. Stock still showing on the system. Can accept this over a weekend period however for this to still be occurring during a work day shows a major disregard to customers by M&S. The amount of order cancellations for this offer seems excessive when compared to some of their previous online sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

Had many orders cancelled the last time they did this 50% discount. Surprise surprise the items at that time were available on UK, from which I ordered without any cancellations! Might be worth a try...

cheers op. picked up a wool suit over 1/2 off with the extra 10 euro. hope that it fits now.
    is there a sale in the irish shops tomorrow then also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Just got an email from M&S letting me know about their Up to 50 % off sale. The stuff I had in my basket sunday at half price is now more expensive, why was the preview 50% but not the actual sale?? I haven't gone through with an order yet to see if everything will be available or not.

• Advertisement

An update that might help .I ordered two jumpers online and later a mail to say one was not available .Then ordered another one jumper and later a mail to say it too was unavailable . So ordered three and only one available .My money was taken from my account for two , then at same time two amounts credited back in .So I am only now debited for one jumper which is correct .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Not touching this sale with a 10 foot pole with all the cancellations. Not good enough... shame, theyve some good stuff.

Dispatch email for 100% of my order, all 5 items!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭travist

xpletiv wrote: »
    Not touching this sale with a 10 foot pole with all the cancellations. Not good enough... shame, theyve some good stuff.

Same here. Waste of my time, not getting my cash now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Received both of my ordered items.

50% sale is generally ok - M&S do 70% off ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

First time ordering from marks. A little confused by the delivery emails.

Ordered on Tuesday, 13th and got an email stating the delivery would be in store after 2pm on Friday 16th.

Received an email later on the 13th saying the order had been shipped from the UK and would be ready for collection in 2 working days, which would be today.

Does any one know if you also receive an email when the order actually arrives in store? Would suit me better to pick up my item today but don't want to waste my time if it's not going to be in until tomorrow.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

After approximately a dozen or so orders (mainly the same few items over and over again, in different combos and then singly), I finally have an email telling me that one of the pairs of boots I ordered was dispatched :) Had to go via the UK website as someone else suggested, as every one of my .ie orders were cancelled in the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

First time ordering from marks. A little confused by the delivery emails.

Ordered on Tuesday, 13th and got an email stating the delivery would be in store after 2pm on Friday 16th.

Received an email later on the 13th saying the order had been shipped from the UK and would be ready for collection in 2 working days, which would be today.

Does any one know if you also receive an email when the order actually arrives in store? Would suit me better to pick up my item today but don't want to waste my time if it's not going to be in until tomorrow.

Thanks

You don't receive an email when it arrives in store, if you want to save a wasted journey I'd say you'd need to phone the store in question

After approximately a dozen or so orders (mainly the same few items over and over again, in different combos and then singly), I finally have an email telling me that one of the pairs of boots I ordered was dispatched :) Had to go via the UK website as someone else suggested, as every one of my .ie orders were cancelled in the end.

If you order from the UK site does it give an option of free pick up from Irish stores ?

I picked up my one item yesterday after three more were cancelled .Told the girl at the desk I was confused about the cancellations and she said people are saying to her all day long there .Poor show by M and S on this sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    If you order from the UK site does it give an option of free pick up from Irish stores ?
    Nope, had to send it to Parcel Motel. Just managed one more order there, hopefully it goes through. Even with the extra Parcel Motel cost ordering from the UK site is a lot cheaper than the Irish one.

• Advertisement

Nope, had to send it to Parcel Motel. Just managed one more order there, hopefully it goes through. Even with the extra Parcel Motel cost ordering from the UK site is a lot cheaper than the Irish one.

Thank you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Tazium

Ordered 5 items, all delivered via express yesterday afternoon without issue. Thanks OP.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My order was supposed to be ready today but I have had no notification of it. Contacted support and they jsut said my order was cancelled as everything in it was out of stock, I was never even told. Great service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Icsics

I eventually got 3 out of 10 delivered. This sale has been a PR disaster for M&S, they're getting savaged on FB

Tazium wrote: »
    Ordered 5 items, all delivered via express yesterday afternoon without issue. Thanks OP.

Got all 5 of mine today! Guess we were just lucky with what we ordered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

ordered 2 items but got an email saying one or more of the items I ordered was cancelled. Don't know if that means both are not on the way or if even they arrived as I haven't got an email saying goods are available for collection.
    Anyway -email above included a code for 10%off future online purchases if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Marks & Spencer 50% off-sale-preview link - not on public site till Tuesday

Code is SNEAKPEEK

The Sale discount from 12 March 2019 may be higher or lower than the Sale Preview discount.

There'll be nothing left by Tues, most sizes gone now. I'm waiting for the email saying half the order is cancelled!

I placed a couple of orders earlier. Have learned from previous presales to order asap as things sell out very quickly and i have just got an email to say my orders will be delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭torrevieja

hey Viv what code are you using i tried SNEAKPEEK says has expired or not valid with items

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

torrevieja wrote: »
    hey Viv what code are you using i tried SNEAKPEEK says has expired or not valid with items

Did you follow the link above in Davy’s post? The code is only valid on certain items that are contained in the link above. There’s no indication on the main site of what items are included in the sale.

torrevieja wrote: »

I get the presale emails from m&s so used that link. A couple of times it did glitch and say items not valid but i just went out of the page and back in and the discount worked. It is only on the items that link will show you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The website was so bogged down with shoppers yesterday that I had 2 items gone from my cart trying to check out. The new "choose delivery date" option simply refused to load, a deliver ASAP option if no date is selected would make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got a lot of errors with address too. Welcone10 can't be used with it, seems one code per purchase now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got a lot of errors with address too. Welcone10 can't be used with it, seems one code per purchase now.

Yes I had the same issue with WELCOME10. When I tried to use that it removed the 50% discount and gave me the €10 off the full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

The site has been awful since the Xmas redesign.

The site has been awful since the Xmas redesign.

Looking at it yesterday, I found the category filters much better than it used to be on the previous site. On the old site I thought you had to scroll through hundreds of items, where now its very easy to filter one category.

One thing that is missing is a keyword after applying the filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Put approx 12 of the ‘baby’ items into a basket and went to checkout only to get acwarning saying 11 of the 12 items were now ‘out of stock’.

It’s a swizz! 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Couldn't find anything left that I wanted to buy this time unfortunately.
    That's a first!

• Advertisement

cs5 wrote: »
    Put approx 12 of the ‘baby’ items into a basket and went to checkout only to get acwarning saying 11 of the 12 items were now ‘out of stock’.

It’s a swizz! 😡

You have to be very fast with these preview sales, as in the minute I get the email get shopping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Does the WELCOME10 not work anymore ? It seems that it doesn't work with the SNEAKPEEK anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

bbari wrote: »
    Does the WELCOME10 not work anymore ? It seems that it doesn't work with the SNEAKPEEK anyway..

I think it only now works with non discounted items. I couldn’t use it since Xmas.

Its open on the main site now. Some additional items added but some of the original items have had price increases.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭TheWatcher182

plenty of stock in store (jervis Dublin). Got a mens blazer and they were adding more stock as I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭you2008

Davy wrote: »
    Its open on the main site now. Some additional items added but some of the original items have had price increases.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie

are they always do this? a shoe was 110 (got it 50% off at 55) now back to 70 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

There's tons of stock on Grafton Street but its not reduced by 50% - think they'll be left with a lot of it this time.

you2008 wrote: »

are they always do this? a shoe was 110 (got it 50% off at 55) now back to 70 :confused:

Its annoying. The preview sale is always 50% off but the actual sale is UP TO 50% off.

you2008 wrote: »

The preview option is 50% off but they state the public sale prices may be more or less.
    viv2 wrote: »
    Its annoying. The preview sale is always 50% off but the actual sale is UP TO 50% off.

Sometimes the public sale is actually more depending on stock and sales. Items are often cheaper in the public sale. You can buy the item again at the cheaper price and return the original once stock permitting.

Advertisement