Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separate password for wifi extender

Options
  • 11-03-2018 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a basic wifi extender that can have a different password to the router ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not if its a repeater. Dont buy repeaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How old is the wiring in your house? Perhaps a homeplug next to your router, and a homeplug wireless point elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have ordered this one which, according to the instructions & youtube videos, can have separate passwords.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NIUHA84/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Hi DiscoDog,
    How did you get on with the repeater?
    I need to extend WiFi; not too pushed about same, or different password.

I tried in a different house 10 years ago and had a nightmare trying to get a repeater setup and working to any degree of success.
    Did you get the one linked above?
    Has it worked?
    How much hassle was the setup?
    Cheers
    Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Hi DiscoDog,
    How did you get on with the repeater?
    I need to extend WiFi; not too pushed about same, or different password.

I tried in a different house 10 years ago and had a nightmare trying to get a repeater setup and working to any degree of success.
    Did you get the one linked above?
    Has it worked?
    How much hassle was the setup?
    Cheers
    Davy

Yes it worked & it was dead easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Thanks.
    I need it ASAP, so gonna make a run to pc world and see what i can pick up without breaking the bank.

Advertisement