Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VoIP: Can I switch my landline over? and Can I use SIP devices?

Options
  • 11-03-2018 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

I have an eir landline that barely make any use of at the moment as I use another VoIP provider.

I was just wondering, could I change my existing landline over to VoIP (Broadband Talk or whatever it is Eir brand it as it.)

If I do, can I port the number and also can I use my own equipment.

I have absolutely no interest in switching over if I'm forced to use the analogue ports on the modem as I have a really good VoIP DECT phone system.

All I need is a SIP user name and password.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Skedaddle wrote: »
    I have an eir landline that barely make any use of at the moment as I use another VoIP provider.

I was just wondering, could I change my existing landline over to VoIP (Broadband Talk or whatever it is Eir brand it as it.)

If I do, can I port the number and also can I use my own equipment.

I have absolutely no interest in switching over if I'm forced to use the analogue ports on the modem as I have a really good VoIP DECT phone system.

All I need is a SIP user name and password.
    Hi Skedaddle, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

Can you confirm if you are a consumer or business account? 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Consumer account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Skedaddle wrote: »
    Consumer account.
    Thanks. 

The customer care team on 1901 will be able to assist you further with this and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement