If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV

Options
  • 11-03-2018 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've had my trusty 42 inch pioneer plasma since 2009. It's still rock solid but starting to look small, dated and behind the times in terms of features.

I see the TX-58EX700B is heavily discounted at the moment. It has the sort of specs I'm after but some of the negatives called out in reviews have me indecisive

Convince me to upgrade to. Anything other makes models with similar specs and ballpark price to the Panasonic. I'm looking for a bargain so the TV doesn't have to be the absolute latest model.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey guys,

I've had my trusty 42 inch pioneer plasma since 2009. It's still rock solid but starting to look small, dated and behind the times in terms of features.

I see the TX-58EX700B is heavily discounted at the moment. It has the sort of specs I'm after but some of the negatives called out in reviews have me indecisive

Convince me to upgrade to. Anything other makes models with similar specs and ballpark price to the Panasonic. I'm looking for a bargain so the TV doesn't have to be the absolute latest model.

Thanks
    Techno,

Thanks for the post and your eagle eye spotting - the main issue with many of the TX58EX700 reviews is that they are 'OK 3-4 star reviews' but most review the TV at approx £1100 - at the moment its £599 / €689 ( Euro includes our 6 year warranty & shipping) and its an unqualified bargain - full stop!
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202575-viera-tx58ex700b.aspx

Specifically the EX700 series are actually really nice TV's - the only real competition albeit in a smaller screen is the Samsung UE55MU6400 which is also at £599 / €719 but of course has a smaller screen:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202603-ue55mu6400.aspx

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Thanks John. You hit the nail on the head there, I'm just trying to balance out specs v cost
    Some of tyecomments around poor HDR and viewing angles had me on alert.

If I went up the price scale another hundred Euro say what would you recommend?

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks John. You hit the nail on the head there, I'm just trying to balance out specs v cost

Thanks.
    Hey TechnoFreek.

You could perhaps look at the Samsung 55MU7000 which is coming in at £769.00 or 949 Euro ( You can pay in which ever currency is cheapest)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202594-ue55mu7000.aspx 

The 7000 series has been very popular throughout all its screen sizes.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks.
    Techno,

the 58EX700 is designed to have peak contrast / brightness and black levels when viewed head on ( or max at a 50% angle) - outside this 50 degree angle your are not getting the best out of this TV - the 58EX700 uses a VA panel which exactly like the best stereo systems is set up to give the best image to viewers in a 'sweetspot' and in this regard it will outperform most other TV's - however if you are using it in a room whereby lots of people are watching it form a wide angle you will see a loss of brightness and black levels.

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.