Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead | Season 8 | Episode 11 | Dead or Alive Or [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 11-03-2018 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 8

Episode 11 - "Dead or Alive Or"

Airdate - March 11th on AMC at 9/8c | March 12th on FOX UK at 9PM

Daryl finds himself in bad company as his group heads to the Hilltop; Maggie makes difficult decisions at the Hilltop; Gabriel's faith gets tested

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 40 votes

0%
    7%
    Keplar240BDontThankMejrkb 3 votes
    0%
    7%
    ricero[Deleted User]Avatar MIA 3 votes
    17%
    NUTZZuncleoswaldfritzellydownesysabhailBret HartD3V!L 7 votes
    17%
    Collie Dclaivaskipper_GDeedsieJasper79coolisin2 Scoops 7 votes
    15%
    storkerJimmy BottleheadYakultwillowthewispZadkielSwarlez 6 votes
    10%
    mooreman09crustyblaTerence RattiganWalter E GO 4 votes
    10%
    FreudianSlippersmojesiussnowgalforumuser 4 votes
    15%
    Darth MelkorMockbairish_stevo815Alfred BordenAgent CoulsonGwynplaine 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Opening minutes of the episode;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

If Daryl dies, we riot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Anyone watching live tonight this side of the water don’t forget that daylight savings time began in the US today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Back in the familiar waters of 'meh'.

Tara showed off her exemplary sharpshooting skills and decision making prowess in style. How she's still alive is beyond me. She offers nothing to the show.

I don't care about Gregory at this point, or that merry band of ex-Saviours. Maggie bores the arse off me. Gabriel does too, his character has (to me) been an almost total bust. The only interesting part was the doctor getting blown away.

Hopefully this is just a blip, but the last two episodes benefitted massively from a culling of characters and storylines. This episode was a reminder of how crap the show is when it's bloated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I genuinely thought this was a shockingly poor episode all around. Some might call it place-setting for the next episode, but I call it filler!

Gabriel and the doctor storyline was beyond pointless, the Hilltop prisoner soap opera is boring beyond belief, how Eugene and Tara are still alive and taking up episode space is ridiculous.

I'm not asking for every episode to be edge of the seat stuff, but the episodes are ridiculously inconsistent at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

When the hell did Maggie give birth?

Just finished the latest episode.
    Let's see, boring *check. Wtf *check *nonsensical side stories *check.
    All in all, a masterpiece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I love to give Tara a big slap in the fcuking face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Awful

Thinking aloud here.
    Anyone remember the scenes where Rick is sitting against a tree? Looks like he's in bits?
    I'm wondering if negans plan to infect them all is what causes that flashforward.
    In other words negan gets Rick infected who then waits for death against the tree.
    If Rick is the next to go, that will be the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

bear1 wrote: »
    When the hell did Maggie give birth?

Thats a saviour baby I think. She's having the longest pregnancy in history. By the looks of things, she's been in the first trimester for around three seasons, while Judith will be ready to attend junior high soon.

Gabriel/doctor storyline was the epitomy of filler crap. I can't stand Tara's character. Also, someone should have pointed out to her the sheer hypocrisy of her wanting to gun yer man down. When we first met Tara, she was watching the governer beheading Hershel. She is just abysmal. Please kill the character off

The ending was very undewhelming, then again so is Negan as the super villain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I love this show and the 1st 2 episodes back were great but this was absolutely rubbish

Characters I want to see removed.

Tara
    Gabriel
    Eugene (with a passion)
    That other twat that's taras friend
    I'm starting to dislike Daryl.
    Carol
    Maggie

What was all that ****e about who killed the brother? Anything to fill the episode, they may as well have just shown us footage of birds flying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Nothing much going on there. They stretched themselves a bit thin with all those stories and ended up going nowhere. Gabriel and the Doc was pointless. A shame because Gabriel does have potential, but the scriptwriters never deliver. Maggie and Carol haven't really been up to much for a good while now. I get the suspicion that the writers are heading towards a major cull of characters, it might be the only thing that saves them if there is going to be a season 9. At this stage, the pointless fillers need to go, the show is much better without them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

jonon9 wrote: »
    I love to give Tara a big slap in the fcuking face.

Tara is a super annoying character that should have been killed off years ago. Same with Gabriel. Pointless annoying characters who are just a major drag on the show any time they get screen time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Tara is a super annoying character that should have been killed off years ago. Same with Gabriel. Pointless annoying characters who are just a major drag on the show any time they get screen time.

True!

When I think back to the farm days the characters offered far more. Shane, Dale, T-Dog, Hershal and others. The majority of the ones left are just annoying like you said and those who were good before have become parodies. ( Carol and Morgan for e.g. )

Dwight is one of the few new characters that has any sort of appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

bear1 wrote: »
    Thinking aloud here.
    Anyone remember the scenes where Rick is sitting against a tree? Looks like he's in bits?
    I'm wondering if negans plan to infect them all is what causes that flashforward.
    In other words negan gets Rick infected who then waits for death against the tree.
    If Rick is the next to go, that will be the end of it.
    Comics
    IIRC Dwight shoots Rick (with an arrow?) that Negan believes to be infected and leaves him to die... but Dwight didn't do the old triple-cross and actually didn't infect the arrow and Rick ****s Negan's day all up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

Have to say, in all my walking dead episodes this was MY worst by far. Even worse than the Tara stand alone, the season 8a stuff. Genuinely switched in and out of it for the first time. This is the first time I've been actually been so meh about it. Next weeks promo however looks good and will hopefully lift again!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

have it recorded on the sky box, haven't watched it yet, by the sounds of it, I won't bother and see what next weeks episode is like.
    Long time fan, turned into a casual, put this show out of its misery . . "The Walking Dead, I give you Mercy" :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Really enjoying this series since its return from mid-season. Another solid episode. I enjoyed Gabriels and the doctors arc the most in this episode. People calling Gabriels arc pointless is lol. He is now placed firmly inside the saviors bullet making compound and i reckon he will do something to help Rick. As he says it part of Gods plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i thought it was agreed that they were all already infected, I thought what Gabrial had was infection that anyone one of us would get if they covered themselves in somebody's blood and guts?

how would negan hope to create an in between state? either they get infected by blood and guts are not treated they will die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

It's a pity the doctor really had a chance to 'act' in this episode only. I'd have like to have seen more of him, I thought he was quite a good actor. The abruptness of his death I guess just goes to show that it can happen to anyone, anytime. Gabriel didn't even get a chance to 'put him down' to stop him re-animating.

Gabriel, Rosita and Aaron need to be given decent storylines to remain anyway interesting. I think Christian Serratos was pregnant while filming most of this series so she'll probably be sidelined for a while. Tara needs to calm down with the anger, it's getting boring. Although, I have a feeling either herself or Daryl will have a clear chance/choice to either kill Dwight at the end of the story arc, or rescue him from some peril or other - I wonder what they'll do??...

I have an uneasy feeling about the Hilltop, It's clear that something will happen with the imprisoned Saviours. Lauren Cohan is in negotiations with AMC for more money and has apparently signed up for a different series pilot, so I'm hoping that the prisoners don't escape somehow, overthrow the Hilltop from within with the rest of the Saviours, and kill her. That would suck from a viewers perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

A real mixed bag this one. The Carson/Gabriel thing was mostly woeful and it's a pity as they're not characters who instantly make you want to punch the screen. The coincidences and sheer luck were laughable. They find antibiotics to treat Gabriel but they only discover this much later than when they first saw them. Why would Carson not check them straight away when he opened the door and saw them all scattered on the floor? Him being a doctor and all.

Gabriel accidentally knocks over the piggy bank which just happens to have a map of their location and keys for a car. Carson gets his leg caught in the trap, and a nearly blind Gabriel manages to shoot the walker in the head and they stick a band aid on it and he's grand and...you get the picture. The final scene was good but the journey to it was awful.

Then there's Tara. The only thing I have to say about her character is...why? She's by some distance the most annoying character in the show and that's really saying something. The trek through the woods would have been made more interesting if someone had been killed by a walker. Preferably Tara. Die woman, die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I watched episodes 10 and 11 last night and I think I *actually* gave myself an eye-strain from rolling them.

At this stage aliens could land and wipe out the entire cast and I literally would not give a single sh*t about any of them. They're all just caricatures at this point.

I've so much time invested in this programme at this stage that I feel I kind of have to see it out to the end, but I'm pretty much just hate-watching now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

i thought it was agreed that they were all already infected, I thought what Gabrial had was infection that anyone one of us would get if they covered themselves in somebody's blood and guts?

how would negan hope to create an in between state? either they get infected by blood and guts are not treated they will die.

I think Negans point of "something in-between "meant walkers. To him dead means bullet in the head,no coming back dead.

Comics
    IIRC Dwight shoots Rick (with an arrow?) that Negan believes to be infected and leaves him to die... but Dwight didn't do the old triple-cross and actually didn't infect the arrow and Rick ****s Negan's day all up

Yeah I read that as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I think the lack of posts highlights the apathy that most fans have towards the show at this point in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

mzungu wrote: »
    I think the lack of posts highlights the apathy that most fans have towards the show at this point in time.

I've noticed these threads getting shorter and shorter over the past couple of seasons.....

Probably because there really is just nothing more to say about it after the first page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The Hilltop prison area is excellently funny - 2 lines of barbed wire built to roughly 1 metre high, with enough gap between them that a skinny hippopotamus could get through.

I know its mainly an exclusion zone (come through and we'll shoot you) but I suspect the rather obvious design flaw will be exposed soon.

Advertisement