Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discount Shop Plants

Options
  • 11-03-2018 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello All,
    I am curious to hear from others who have bought discount plants, roses, fruits, bulbs from the discount shops and what success you have had, or fails!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hello All,
    I am curious to hear from others who have bought discount plants, roses, fruits, bulbs from the discount shops and what success you have had, or fails!!

I had a yellow rose bush for a euro way back; it thrived and flowered in a tub for many years and was only killed by a careless hand in a house move.

Seeds do well I find also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 itfdlk

I've got bits and bobs from Lidl and found them pretty good. Better than some garden centres, actually. The bulbs and plants have been in good nick and have grown reliably. Ive heard good things about their fruit trees,too. I haven't tried their seed packets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 keengardener

I've tried seeds and veg starts from Lidl and Aldi and all were a success for me. I have just bought some bare root roses from Dealz and am curious to see how they go....can't beat the price!

Advertisement