If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" / warranty

Options
  • 11-03-2018 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi.

1. Looking for a 4k 65" TV - satellite & terrestrial tuner, freeview / saorview etc for use here in Dublin. What's in stock & good  value?

2.  How does your 6 year gurantee work if I'm in Dublin & you're in Belfast?

3. Your "choosing TV by screen size" does not work - annoying.

Michael

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

marrm wrote: »
    Hi.

1. Looking for a 4k 65" TV - satellite & terrestrial tuner, freeview / saorview etc for use here in Dublin. What's in stock & good  value?

2.  How does your 6 year gurantee work if I'm in Dublin & you're in Belfast?

3. Your "choosing TV by screen size" does not work - annoying.

Michael
    Michael,

in the first instance apologies that some of our filters are not working - we are doing a lot of background work on the site with the aim to launch a new revised site over the coming months and unfortunately in the upheaval there are some small issues affecting the current site - we are trying to keep these to a minimum but size and manufacturer filters are the main bugbears - apologies!  

There are not too many 65" with both Satellite and Saorview tuners as many of the ranges are now starting to roll to 2018/19 and some of the 2017/18 65" are already completely sold through.

You could look at the LG 65UJ670 at just £999 / €1179 which is an excellent TV with Free-to-air satellite and Saorview ( please note that generally you wont be able to receive Freeview in Dublin on any TV unless you have an aerial on top of the pigeon house!!):
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202516-65uj670v.aspx?swapstore=1

In warranty terms we generally offer a 6 year warranty on the majority of our TV range - this is an all-Ireland warranty and on a 65" in the event of an issue we get an engineer or courier out to you to look after any repair - you dont have to bring it back to us - you can check out the T'c and C's here ( Under TV 6 year TV guarantee) - but the main thing to note is that our warranty does not include theft or accidental damage.

Once again apologies about the filter and of course keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Where’s the Sony’

I once had an LG and it kept lowering itself down. I need a new TV soon and would be interested in a Sony

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Where’s the Sony’

I once had an LG and it kept lowering itself down. I need a new TV soon and would be interested in a Sony
    Grab all Association,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'lowering itself down'? - generally LG TV's are pretty bulletproof over the last few years and we have a lower fault rate on LG than most of the major manufacturers at the moment.

In Sony terms, we have lots of Sony 65 with Saorview & Satellite including the Sony KD65XE8596 at £1399 / €1549 but the OP asked us for 'good value' and whilst I think the Sony is a cracking TV I think that the LG 65UJ670 represents better value.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

John,

thanks for your quick reply, I'll research the LG.

I mentioned SONY because I think it's the only  make with Android. Chromecast is supposed to be built in, and maybe it'll even run Kodi!

I'll be in touch soon.

Michael

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

marrm wrote: »
    John,

thanks for your quick reply, I'll research the LG.

I mentioned SONY because I think it's the only  make with Android. Chromecast is supposed to be built in, and maybe it'll even run Kodi!

I'll be in touch soon.

Michael
    No problem at all Marrm.

Let us know once you have done some checking over the LG.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.