Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen in KK

Options
  • 12-03-2018 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Have my hen in KK in 4 weeks. Hoping to reserve an area for drinks. Called Matt the Miller's who basically said we'd have had to organise this 8/9 months ago. I was astounded! Am I going to get laughed at as I ring around? We are 18-20 40 something's who Will be looking for seats! How busy are the more popular bars on a normal Saturday? If we went on spec early ie from 4/5 would be be able to nab a corner of are the best places vthst busyvall day? I'd take reserved area with half the seats that we could maybe share over a few hours.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Ring Langton's

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

8-9 months ahead for a group of people to have drinks. Utter madness, Kilkenny will price itself out of the social scene soon, people will go elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyHilfiger

The left bank

The left bank

Try Bernard Brogans pub its a couple of doors up from langtons in John street or langtons as the other poster said.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭wexpat girl

road_high wrote: »
    8-9 months ahead for a group of people to have drinks. Utter madness, Kilkenny will price itself out of the social scene soon, people will go elsewhere.

Had no idea. And accommodation is crazy expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭wexpat girl

The left bank

Is this the only late bar? Apart from langtons. We're not interested in nightclubs. Was hoping to avoid Langtons after being there far too many times as a young (er) wan.

Would we need to reserve an area in the left bank or is it big enough to chance a big group if we went early enough? What's a notmal Sat night like there, say 8/9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

Is this the only late bar? Apart from langtons. We're not interested in nightclubs. Was hoping to avoid Langtons after being there far too many times as a young (er) wan.

Would we need to reserve an area in the left bank or is it big enough to chance a big group if we went early enough? What's a notmal Sat night like there, say 8/9pm?

Downstairs in Left Bank would be for 'older', more laidback crowd. Upstairs is night club style. You won't need to have booked months in advance, I don't know what Matts is saying that for!

Downstairs in Left Bank would be for 'older', more laidback crowd. Upstairs is night club style. You won't need to have booked months in advance, I don't know what Matts is saying that for!

Another pub across the road from the left bank is the Hibernian plenty of seating, it would suit your age group I don't be around town much on a Saturday night but I know on a Friday night in the left bank there is a band down stairs its a big place it used to be the Bank of Ireland its on the parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Go to Ryan's in Friary street (best bar in KK), there's a grand little back bar and none of that "pre-booking" rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Chah

Have my hen in KK in 4 weeks. Hoping to reserve an area for drinks. Called Matt the Miller's who basically said we'd have had to organise this 8/9 months ago. I was astounded! Am I going to get laughed at as I ring around? We are 18-20 40 something's who Will be looking for seats! How busy are the more popular bars on a normal Saturday? If we went on spec early ie from 4/5 would be be able to nab a corner of are the best places vthst busyvall day? I'd take reserved area with half the seats that we could maybe share over a few hours.

Don't mind matts plenty of better options as suggested by others above....also cleeres, kytelers, ryans. You're spoiled for choice. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Had no idea. And accommodation is crazy expensive!

If you're struggling with accommodation you could try 'Croan Cottages' self catering. It's about 20mins outside KK but I think a mini bus can be arranged. It might suit for relaxing pre drinks before you hit the town.

Advertisement