Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Broadband pass: Error message

Options
  • 12-03-2018 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

When trying to access the page to purchase a pass I am getting error message Http 500. Can you do rectify this? Is it something to do with the change from Meteor to Eir? I understand this is an issue with your website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

craoltoir wrote: »
    When trying to access the page to purchase a pass I am getting error message Http 500. Can you do rectify this? Is it something to do with the change from Meteor to Eir? I understand this is an issue with your website.
    Hi craoltoir, 

Can you confirm if you are trying to access this through your my eir account or the website here - https://www.eir.ie/mobile/broadband/prepay/

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

The page from my.eir pops up on screen, on the device where you are asked to connect to the page to select an option, but the error message appears when you click at this stage - it doesn't connect to the page where you can select a pass. You can't connect to any other page. This is after your allowance has been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Can the device the SIM is in send SMS? Assume it's prepay?

I am now getting a message that there is no signal with signal indicator constantly red. Does this mean an outage in the area?

If it's over 6 months since last top up, the SIM gets deactivated, could that be it?

• Advertisement

Since you can purchase a 180 day pass that would seem abrupt to deactivate it as soon as this period has passed. Surely you should have  a period of weeks or months to TopUp again in this situation. I wasn't able to purchase another pass when the popup window advised that the allowance was used up, even though the account is in credit.

If what Ten Pin says is correct if I purchase pass on a different connection from the Eir website, will the sim be activated again? Can Eir rep advise?

They just set them up the same as phone SIMs and they should remedy that flaw because the SIM is no use for voice calls anyway.

So you need to top up by at least 5 within 150 days of last top up even if the pass is still active. That 5 euro will sit there until you add more credit (25) to buy the pass after current 180 days is up.

If it goes beyond 150 days then you can't buy another pass after 180 days. Yeah, it's confusing and illogical...

To get the SIM reactivated, ring customer service 1800 690 000

Or else just get another SIM unless you've got credit to spend on the current SIM

Can Eir update on this?

craoltoir wrote: »
    Can Eir update on this?
    Ten Pin would be correct with this information, it would need to be topped up within 150 days and if it's not it will be deactivated. 

Feel free to PM me your mobile, PIN, full name on the account and I will have a look into this and clarify the status of the service. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    They just set them up the same as phone SIMs and they should remedy that flaw because the SIM is no use for voice calls anyway.

So you need to top up by at least 5 within 150 days of last top up even if the pass is still active. That 5 euro will sit there until you add more credit (25) to buy the pass after current 180 days is up.

If it goes beyond 150 days then you can't buy another pass after 180 days. Yeah, it's confusing and illogical...

To get the SIM reactivated, ring customer service 1800 690 000

Or else just get another SIM unless you've got credit to spend on the current SIM
    Thanks for providing this information Ten Pin :)

Thanks

Tracey 

Tracey,

Please pass feedback to the tech team that the 150 day top up requirement should be extended for broadband SIMs to at least 190 days to stop them deactivating when a pass is still active.
    Currently, if you top up and buy a pass a day or more after top up then the SIM loses connection even with an active pass.

Thanks

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Tracey,

Please pass feedback to the tech team that the 150 day top up requirement should be extended for broadband SIMs to at least 190 days to stop them deactivating when a pass is still active.
    Currently, if you top up and buy a pass a day or more after top up then the SIM loses connection even with an active pass.

Thanks
    Hi Ten Pin, 

No problem, I'll be sure to pass the feedback on for you.

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement