Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair in Drogheda

Options
  • 12-03-2018 12:52pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

My laptop looks to be on its last legs. I wouldn't mind getting someone to have a bit of a look at it, maybe have a chat about whether its saveable or not. I used CTI Solutions down the docks before but apparently they no longer have on site technicians in their shop, so I'm at a loss as to where to go for advice.

Ideally, it's someone who'd have a chat about what my best steps forward are; I worry it's banjaxed, and don't want to spend €200 to be told "Yeah, thats dead." Anyone able to recommend someone who'd have a chat with me about it?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well I can give you an idea without having to take it anywhere. A couple of questions:
    1. What spec is it, as in, processor, RAM, OS
    2. What make and model
    3. What do you use it for
    4. Are there parts that don't physically work as of the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey Delly,

Appreciate the reply. After talking with a few people on a few sites, the common consensus everyone reached independently of each other was the graphics card was fried, and cause it was built into the motherboard and couldn't be replaced, the laptop was a write off :( Have bitten the bullet and ordered a new one, and will likely look to sell this one for parts if possible.

Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bettasplendens

Hi! I'm sorry that you weren't able to get it fixed, but could I ask where you ended up taking it? I need to get my own seen to for a minor problem that I can't fix on my own.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hi! I'm sorry that you weren't able to get it fixed, but could I ask where you ended up taking it? I need to get my own seen to for a minor problem that I can't fix on my own.

Hey

Sorry, didn't take it anywhere in the end. Relied on the computer sections here and on a few other sites to diagnose the issue. Sorry Im not more helpful.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hi bettasplendens, if you can describe the issue, I may be able to help. Also can you provide the make and model?

• Advertisement
Advertisement