Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA advice

Options
  • 12-03-2018 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all. New poster here. I'm coming to the end of my degree in English and History and really want to go on and do a masters in Modern Irish History/ or Digital Humanities for a number of reasons:
    1) the available jobs out there for someone interested in research all require a masters
    2) I would love to carry on my dissertation research topic- Kevin O'Higgins and the Boundary Commission
    3) I love studying history! Like actually love it, I could spend hours researching and be as a happy as a kid in Disneyland!
    My query is, after all my research of different courses etc, I am still wary of which one to apply for and to which university. They all have their pros and cons.
    I also need to do a course which will almost certainly guarantee me a job after, I have a family to support and mortgage to pay, I know I should have thought about that before studying English and History but hindsight is always better.
    Any advice or recommendations from anyone who has completed either of the above courses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement