Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring funds from Current Acoount to 365 Monthly Saver Account

Options
  • 12-03-2018 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to transfer a large lump sum from my BOI Current Account to my 365 Monthly Saver Account but there is no option on 365 Online to do so. Can you assist or is there a particular protocol to doing this?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

Passenger wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to transfer a large lump sum from my BOI Current Account to my 365 Monthly Saver Account but there is no option on 365 Online to do so. Can you assist or is there a particular protocol to doing this?

Thank you.
    Got told by BOI staff twice it cant be done....it can.
    Get your svaing account IBAN(ring up and get it or open ticket online) and use this IBAN as a regular payee. then transfer the money as you would to another account - takes about 2-3 days to update your savings account balance online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Thank you.

Hi Passenger,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

A 365 Monthly saver can receive the payments through the Monthly Direct Debit set up to go into it and cannot accept any kind of lump sum payment.
    You would have the option however to change the amount of the Monthly Direct Debit going into this account and you can request this change through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be happy to apply this change for you.
    Please keep in mind that it can take ten days for a change like this to be fully processed.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Got told by BOI staff twice it cant be done....it can.
    Get your svaing account IBAN(ring up and get it or open ticket online) and use this IBAN as a regular payee. then transfer the money as you would to another account - takes about 2-3 days to update your savings account balance online
    I'm going to give this a go first. Thanks. :) 

Hi,

Thank you.

Hi Passenger,

A 365 Monthly saver can receive the payments through the Monthly Direct Debit set up to go into it and cannot accept any kind of lump sum payment.
    You would have the option however to change the amount of the Monthly Direct Debit going into this account and you can request this change through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be happy to apply this change for you.
    Please keep in mind that it can take ten days for a change like this to be fully processed.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    This still won't allow me to transfer a lump sum though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Thank you.

Hi Passenger,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    This still won't allow me to transfer a lump sum though.

Thanks for getting back to me Passenger,
    This would be correct. This type of account can't accept any lump sum payments.
    I just wanted to offer changing the amount of the Direct Debit as an alternative.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement

This saver account is utterly useless to me because I can't transfer a lumpsum. I tried transferring a sum after getting the saver account IBAN like howyegettinon1 suggested but it wouldn't transfer.

There has to be an easier way to transfer money into a saver account. Otherwise it's use to me is utterly redundant and it can be closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

This saver account is utterly useless to me because I can't transfer a lumpsum. I tried transferring a sum after getting the saver account IBAN like howyegettinon1 suggested but it wouldn't transfer.

There has to be an easier way to transfer money into a saver account. Otherwise it's use to me is utterly redundant and it can be closed.

Hi Passenger,

We've had a look at our regular savings accounts and the Mortgage Saver Account does have the facility to save by monthly direct debit and allows lump sum lodgements to be made in a branch. You can find more information on the account on our website under the Regular Savings tab to see if it would suit your specific needs.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement