Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trekking pole sugarloaf Wicklow.

Options
  • 12-03-2018 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was planning to climb sugarloaf in Wicklow with my wife. My wife hasn’t done a lot of climbing before. We have trekking poles. Would we need to bring the trekking poles with us. What is the terrain like near top.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Hi guys,
    I was planning to climb sugarloaf in Wicklow with my wife. My wife hasn’t done a lot of climbing before. We have trekking poles. Would we need to bring the trekking poles with us. What is the terrain like near top.

very very scrambly, and poles would be a bit of a hinderence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Poles would be great (probably not even needed) for 1st half but as knucklehead6 says, as you approach the top, you're stepping a foot/foot and a half up each rock so poles definitely in the way at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

This is the steep bit at the top

Advertisement