Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do eir not care about their customers anymore?

Options
  • 12-03-2018 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The only conclusion I can come to is that eir obviously don’t care about their customers. I work in customer service myself and have never seen or experienced a service like this. The lack of respect they have for their customers is disgraceful.

I have been a long standing Customer with eir for my broadband and landline, recently I had trouble with the line that meant I had intermittent service for over 5 weeks, finally after hours of phone calls on hold trying to arrange a call out they managed to fix the line. I had decided after this experience to leave eir and join another provider for my broadband, however they convinced me this was a once off and offered me a cheaper deal on the broadband and even offered me a good deal on my Mobile.

However I am now 2 weeks trying to set up a new mobile account at the price offered! At first they told me the discount couldn’t be applied because there was already a discount on my broadband, however don’t worry because it’s just a technical issue and we will resolve it! After a week of waiting for my call backs I decided to go on hold again for 40 mins and ask cus I just take it out on line as the price was the same, they said NO! If you take the offer online your bill will still work out dearer!!!?? They promised another call back which never came. After days of calling again finally they told me this offer isn’t possible so sorry you can’t have it. Now I’ve had three calls since where I have questioned how this is possible? The offer is still advertised all over the internet? I’ve asked to speak to a manager count less amount of times and every time I’m put on hold for 10 minutes and then told he’s busy! And they will not ring me back either. I was even told I can’t make a complaint?

There is no other conclusion that I can take then eir just simple couldn’t care less about their customers, also that any deals advertised online are deemed false advertising.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭rodge123

briansuper wrote: »
    The only conclusion I can come to is that eir obviously don’t care about their customers. I work in customer service myself and have never seen or experienced a service like this. The lack of respect they have for their customers is disgraceful.

I have been a long standing Customer with eir for my broadband and landline, recently I had trouble with the line that meant I had intermittent service for over 5 weeks, finally after hours of phone calls on hold trying to arrange a call out they managed to fix the line. I had decided after this experience to leave eir and join another provider for my broadband, however they convinced me this was a once off and offered me a cheaper deal on the broadband and even offered me a good deal on my Mobile.

However I am now 2 weeks trying to set up a new mobile account at the price offered! At first they told me the discount couldn’t be applied because there was already a discount on my broadband, however don’t worry because it’s just a technical issue and we will resolve it! After a week of waiting for my call backs I decided to go on hold again for 40 mins and ask cus I just take it out on line as the price was the same, they said NO! If you take the offer online your bill will still work out dearer!!!?? They promised another call back which never came. After days of calling again finally they told me this offer isn’t possible so sorry you can’t have it. Now I’ve had three calls since where I have questioned how this is possible? The offer is still advertised all over the internet? I’ve asked to speak to a manager count less amount of times and every time I’m put on hold for 10 minutes and then told he’s busy! And they will not ring me back either. I was even told I can’t make a complaint?

There is no other conclusion that I can take then eir just simple couldn’t care less about their customers, also that any deals advertised online are deemed false advertising.

This article tells you all you need to know about their attitude to customer service!
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/going-spare-at-eir-pricewatch-mailbag-fills-up-with-complaints-1.3418274?mode=amp

If you want excellent and efficient customer service move to sky, you’ll pay a little more but you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 briansuper

Unfortunately that’s who I was joining before agreeing to sign another contract with eir, now I also have to go find a new provider for my mobile also after being messed around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

briansuper wrote: »

However I am now 2 weeks trying to set up a new mobile account at the price offered! At first they told me the discount couldn’t be applied because there was already a discount on my broadband, however don’t worry because it’s just a technical issue and we will resolve it! After a week of waiting for my call backs I decided to go on hold again for 40 mins and ask cus I just take it out on line as the price was the same, they said NO! If you take the offer online your bill will still work out dearer!!!??  They promised another call back which never came. After days of calling again finally they told me this offer isn’t possible so sorry you can’t have it. Now I’ve had three calls since where I have questioned how this is possible? The offer is still advertised all over the internet? I’ve asked to speak to a manager count less amount of times and every time I’m put on hold for 10 minutes and then told he’s busy! And they will not ring me back either. I was even told I can’t make a complaint?

Hi briansuper, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement