Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way of contacting credit deprartment, are they ghosts?.

Options
  • 12-03-2018 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Bit annoying this I have had confirmation countless times from Eir I have no outstanding debts all paid yet I am being referred to the credit department due to issue with new sign up. 

This is a postal address and I was told it could take a week for correspondence this is absurd I wished to rectify this ASAP as I need the new Eir contract for mobile which is imperative for me.

Shop said go to customer care- customer care say contact credit, Peter to Paul Paul to Peter
    I can't call credit I have to send letter this is frustrating and surely SURELY eir have a way to speak to credit, why have to send a letter?. This is ridiculous.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I presume they're very busy what with all the complaints via the Irish Times...
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/going-spare-at-eir-pricewatch-mailbag-fills-up-with-complaints-1.3418274

In my experience with this company, you'd be better off going with absolutely anyone else rather than Eir. The agents here do their best but as a company they have complete contempt for each and every one of their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

I've worked similar jobs always tried to rectify things within the day. Surely with Eir, they can contact their credit/debts department. They are in the same office and county!.
    They state they can't though what a joke.

It's inexcusable to state on the phone "That's done behind the scenes your gonna have to write in" this after being on hold for 6 minutes at least I thought I would of got clarity!. Nope. Nothing.

I think a company should endeavor to rectify issue not try get you off the phone as soon as possible or try dump you onto someone else.

When I was in call centres when someone had an issue you tried to fix it, not give folk the runaround cos it's "done in the background" or that will require a letter?.

Why?.

Come on Eir!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I've worked similar jobs always tried to rectify things within the day. Surely with Eir, they can contact their credit/debts department. They are in the same office and county!.
    They state they can't though what a joke.

It's inexcusable to state on the phone "That's done behind the scenes your gonna have to write in" this after being on hold for 6 minutes at least I thought I would of got clarity!. Nope. Nothing.

I think a company should endeavor to rectify issue not try get you off the phone as soon as possible or try dump you onto someone else.

When I was in call centres when someone had an issue you tried to fix it, not give folk the runaround cos it's "done in the background" or that will require a letter?.

Why?.

Come on Eir!.
    Hi Stonedpilot, 

I understand your frustration here, however, the credit vetting team only accept requests for clarification in writing I'm afraid. We are unable to advise on why this has been rejected as it would be a personal matter. They are the only department that deals with these matters.

Thanks 

Tracey

Hi Stonedpilot, 

I understand your frustration here, however, the credit vetting team only accept requests for clarification in writing I'm afraid. We are unable to advise on why this has been rejected as it would be a personal matter. They are the only department that deals with these matters.

Thanks 

Tracey

How long does it take them generally to respond?.

Hi Stonedpilot, 

Thanks 

Tracey

The standard timeframe is up to 10 working days. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi Stonedpilot, 

Thanks 

Tracey

Thanks 

Tracey 
    10! working days, so a fortnight!. I mean be quicker to get in a boat, circumnavigate around the West of Ireland in it battling the wild Irish sea, get to Cork, crawl on hands and knees to the office and it still wouldn't take 10 working days!. 

Crazy policy it really is. 

Hi Stonedpilot, 

Thanks 

Tracey

Thanks 

Tracey 
    10! working days, so a fortnight!. I mean be quicker to get in a boat, circumnavigate around the West of Ireland in it battling the wild Irish sea, get to Cork, crawl on hands and knees to the office and it still wouldn't take 10 working days!. 

I completely understand your frustrations here, this is the standard procedure and I'm afraid there is no more I can do for you. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Stonedpilot, 

Thanks 

Tracey

Thanks 

Tracey 

I completely understand your frustrations here, this is the standard procedure and I'm afraid there is no more I can do for you. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Frustration/Sorry. I've worked in customer care know the copy and paste responses when I see them!. 

Look I want Eir credit vetting to recognize I have no outstanding bills with Eir and not prevent my sign up to new contract(though well in two minds now). Numerous staff have said previous account all payments received. 

I don't want generic copy/paste copy/paste responses I want a resolution!. I personally don't think I should have to wait over 10 days for a response to something that will be on someone's computer that takes 5 seconds to read. 

This is ridiculous.  

Hi Stonedpilot, 

Thanks 

Tracey

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Frustration/Sorry. I've worked in customer care know the copy and paste responses when I see them!. 

Look I want Eir credit vetting to recognize I have no outstanding bills with Eir and not prevent my sign up to new contract(though well in two minds now). Numerous staff have said previous account all payments received. 

I don't want generic copy/paste copy/paste responses I want a resolution!. I personally don't think I should have to wait over 10 days for a response to something that will be on someone's computer that takes 5 seconds to read. 

This is ridiculous.  
    Unfortunately, there is no more I can do. 

The credit vetting team will need to investigate this for you, we are unable to do this. They will be in contact with you shortly. 

I'm sorry I am unable to assist further. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement