Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buckmark parts Ireland

Options
  • 12-03-2018 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, who carries buckmark parts here - am looking for a disconnector for buckmark. The one I'm looking at has a flat wore on it about 2.5mm long on the curved part

see the red line I added... I think it's causing reset problems. Slide screws nice n tight, clean... nothing rubbing on the grips.
    Am I on the right track?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Hack12

Panthers of Oxford in UK are probably your best shot for parts or Brownells

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Have you fired the pistol with out the grips on to see if it cycles and resets ? Had to rethink that one. u will prob have to hold the trigger bar in place at the pin to keep it on the pistol, as the grip when on keeps it in place.
    Have you done any work to the gun, taken it apart or changed springs ? trigger or sear work ?
    What ammo r u using, does it happen with different brands or different velocity rounds ?
    On some disconnects u will see ware at the top of the curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Hmm I had cleaned it and it fired fine for a while, nothing came loose over the course of a box of mags.
    That cleaning was the second I've done in a few months, cycling has been getting worse. Haven't touched thetrigger, hammer or sear (sear n hammer replaced last year and cycled like a dream for 1000's rounds)
    I'm really struggling to see something catching on it or slowing it down.
    To be honest the disconnect is cheap enough if there was one local I'd just change it! Alas I might be out of luck and I've looked through my geansai load of parts and no luck there either.
    Might be doing exactly like you said.. grips off. We shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Just checking is the pistol failing to re set, the action going back fully but the sear not engaging the hammer or are you having stoppages due to the action not cycling properly?

A few things I'd look at
    For trigger reset
    remove the rod that operates the magazine disconnect the one from the bottom of the grip to the disconnect , you don't really need a magazine disconnect , its there so that the trigger wont work with out a magazine in place.

Check and make sure the disconnect is securely connected to the trigger pin

check the sear spring , has the haggis flip been done to it, I'd change it back to its original position and also make sure the spring arm is centered on the bottom of the sear, and see if the trigger resets. The spring may be weak or not positioned correctly for it to have enough pressure. The spring arm will be on the right side of the pistols sear if you look at it if the flip has not been carried out.

For misfires / jams
    I'd scrub the chamber and carry out bullet chambering drop test, drop a few rounds into the chamber, they should drop freely into the chamber and when barrel is tilted they should drop out freely. try different brands if you have them.

You have checked the back screw on the slide that its tight.

check extractor and ejector

check magazines.

check spring and plastic buffer

oil the pistol well, my friends buckmark likes plenty of oil.

let us know how you get on and what solves your problem, https://en.browning.eu/services/spareparts/, you'll get your parts here

Advertisement