Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

And it’s going to be that bally dry snow stuff so it lasts longer and then it should freeze hard yes ? Never mind drifts it’ll be stubborn to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

I’m going to go to a supermarket tomorrow and fill a shopping trolley with sliced pans.. just for the heck of it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

Met Eireann forecast is more benign that what is posted here.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

“Amounts will be fairly small” - Gerry

Does he consider 8-10 cm small??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What a boring forecast compared to the forecasts on here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

well i am stocking up on more salt and grit and still got my snow shovel in car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

esposito wrote: »
    “Amounts will be fairly small” - Gerry

Does he consider 8-10 cm small??
    It's not a variety of rain so he doesn't give a fiddlers.

Have your fridge and cupboards stocked up as normal. Regular like. The pay day cupboard, Friday night indulgences.

But maybe have a uht milk and a par cooked French stick as back up this time 🀓

And a few candles that can be used for romantic dinnners in a drawer never hurt anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Latest beeb online weather shows significant snow over Ireland on Sunday....
    Won't last long but certainly disruptive

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brookers

Updated forecast

dieing out!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Hirlam model precipitation Saturday morning to evening.

tempresult_wjz4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Mafra wrote: »
    I’m going to go to a supermarket tomorrow and fill a shopping trolley with sliced pans.. just for the heck of it..

I followed the last events thread from its beginnings and did a full shop for 6 adults and 2 dogs in this house on Sunday 25th of February that lasted us till Tuesday 6th March which saw us through the pre-snow panic buying stage, the "Feck this, I'm not going out shopping in this fecking weather" stage and finally the, "WTF, why do the supermarkets still have no stock a week after the snow" stage.

I did a similar shop on Tuesday just gone cause I ain't got no time fo foo's fighting over the last Sliced Pan ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Amazing :)

2jep9oy.png

Falling snow. Check. Lying snow. Check. More than 10cm + of snow dry - doesn’t care about the ground temp I’ll just lie here snow and won’t slush puppie. Check. Cold enough till Tuesday to be a nuisance ... not so sure and that’s my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brookers

Very cold Saturday night, with mainly clear skies and some snow showers in the east and southeast. Amounts are looking small at this stage. Lowest temperatures -1 to -4 degrees.

Why are Met.ie saying some showers and looking small still......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Rebelbrowser, i've been told there is in fact under pitch heating at Twickenham. So the match will go ahead even if there is copious amounts of snow. Although The best of the snow will be Saturday night- so hopefully a double celebration to be had!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

I'm flying Saturday and Tuesday. Do you think my flights will be okay? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

ME are going to look very smart or very stupid by the end of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ME are going to look very smart or very stupid by the end of the weekend.
    Why? They will update the forecast to a snowier one in the morning and probably issue a warning around midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ME staff are just stocking up on sliced pans this evening before the rush tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

I think we could be seeing a different forecast from Met Èireann tomorrow with some extra advisories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Why? They will update the forecast to a snowier one in the morning and probably issue a warning around midday.

I was expecting that today tbh. No idea why they're dragging their feet. They usually love a good warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

d8f606e0619f21d46285ae492a1e8473.gif

brookers wrote: »
    Very cold Saturday night, with mainly clear skies and some snow showers in the east and southeast. Amounts are looking small at this stage. Lowest temperatures -1 to -4 degrees.

Why are Met.ie saying some showers and looking small still......

The setup is there but the forecast can’t match - Streamers it’s all about the streamers.
    They are hard to forecast and MET.ie have to be certain. Take everything here with a pinch of salt.... but you know better you’ve seen how the lads forecast .... sure isn’t that the FUN of all this ??!!! The fact the lads say one thing based on many charts and you yourself get to gamble ohhh the excitement. The forecast guys on here have a wealth of backup. But it’s weather - so no forecast is ever solid. The signal is for robust cold. There will be snow because some wet weather goes over us at the same time as the cold but it doesn’t last long however it will be cold despite the sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The one ****ing day of the year this has to happen especially after all the crap few weeks ago that's still not fully cleared in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭highdef

d8f606e0619f21d46285ae492a1e8473.gif
    That's only light snow... Looks pretty but no good if you want a decent covering

The one ****ing day of the year this has to happen especially after all the crap few weeks ago that's still not fully cleared in some areas.
    Any decent snow is expected the day after Saint Patrick's Day, ie Sunday.... Why is that such a big deal?

highdef wrote: »
    That's only light snow... Looks pretty but no good of you want a decent covering

Kinda loving high definition

I'm flying Saturday and Tuesday. Do you think my flights will be okay? Thanks
    No idea, care to share where you are flying from on Saturday and where you will be flying to on Tuesday? I could probably give a better indication of I knew these things. Apologies for not knowing the details of your flights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

highdef wrote: »
    Any decent snow is expected the day after Saint Patrick's Day, ie Sunday.... Why is that such a big deal?

Is it not meant to start Saturday evening / night.

Advertisement