Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

gozunda wrote: »

Snow +strong wind+snow=a really interesting Paddys Day .... ;)

The decision to allow the little one march in the local parade now doesn’t seem so wise-she’ll be grand, it’s us standing watching who’ll freeze. Rookie mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Rain has turned to blowing horizontal snow here in east Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sillysocks wrote:
    The decision to allow the little one march in the local parade now doesn’t seem so wise-she’ll be grand, it’s us standing watching who’ll freeze. Rookie mistake!

Layers, layers, layers. Happy paddies day folks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

And it begins....the Beast of St Patrick....

Some light icy stuff (not graupel yet) falling now in Dublin 16. 2.9c DP 1.3c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Just back from a run and it was as cool as a snowmans cool bits.
    Light icy stuff in the wind which is starting to pick up.
    3.3c
    Celbridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Poor deprived West Mayo... ....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light snow now in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Agent_47

I can only imagine the **** that the people of tallaght and other estates will have to put up with if it snows on what is the biggest piss up day of the day of the year anyway.

And with the been probably the second busiest day of the year for the Garda, I can see it been a busy night for them.

I think their nearest Lidl is closed :)

Very windy here in Navan, some easterly rain on my window

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Very light snow falling in celbridge. A bit of rain mixed in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Very cold air currently moving into the irish sea. It will be one to remember anyone taking part in the 2018 parade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Wintry mix here near Roundwood now.

Expect mixed precipitation for the next hour or so before full on snow after that

Anyone know if Twickenham has under pitch heating? If it doesn't the match could be at risk! Snowing in London now and by this afternoon temps are likely to be sub 0c!

Mix of light snow and graupel now in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭rameire

Graupel falling in D15. Now.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Bit of hailstones in Bettystown.

Visible satellite pic looks impressive, north and baltic sea very active

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Anyone know if Twickenham has under pitch heating? If it doesn't the match could be at risk! Snowing in London now and by this afternoon temps are likely to be sub 0c!

Yes 100% Twickenham has under soil heating, it would take very heavy continuous snow to accumulate.

Matches have gone ahead in conditions like this before. So I'd say it will be on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I can only imagine the **** that the people of tallaght and other estates will have to put up with if it snows on what is the biggest piss up day of the day of the year anyway.

And with the been probably the second busiest day of the year for the Garda, I can see it been a busy night for them.

Very true, tallaght due to its sheer size needs more garda resources. I feel very sorry for the decent residents having to put up with that pack of dirts running wild.

On a lighter note, it's hammering down graupel here in Dublin 3 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Snowing quite heavily now in Dublin 15..not sticking YET!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Flakes of snow

Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

It does have under pitch heating, conditions will be tough!

AloKildare wrote: »
    Yes 100% Twickenham has under soil heating, it would take very heavy continuous snow to accumulate.

Phew!
    Matches have gone ahead in conditions like this before. So I'd say it will be on

Ireland/France match was cancelled at the last minute in 2012 (in Paris).

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Mixed light stuff falling in D15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

italodisco wrote: »
    Very true, tallaght due to its sheer size needs more garda resources. I feel very sorry for the decent residents having to put up with that pack of dirts running wild.

On a lighter note, it's hammering down graupel here in Dublin 3 lol

Totally agree but on a lighter note,
    If it all kicks off again, at least the jcb and diggers can join the tallaght parade this time 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

Kind of thick sleet in Lucan. Temp 3.0, DP -2.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

Phew!

Ireland/France match was cancelled at the last minute in 2012 (in Paris).

Lack of under soil heating was the problem in Paris, won't be the case today!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Some sleety blobs on velux windows now and grauple rolling down roof...nothing like an Easterly
    Happy St Patrick's day everyone, wrap up warm and have a great day whether you're going out or staying in with a hot coco and Darby O'gill :-)

Greystones btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

AloKildare wrote: »

Choice between watching the match or snow falling?
    Tough one....think I'll watch the snow:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

More of a kind of drizzly wet snow now in Lucan. Later's going to be interesting!

Advertisement