Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

North Kildare, near the Meath border.... Light snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snow grains falling here in Loughlinstown at the moment, melting shortly after impact.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Drifting snow is best snow

giphy.gif

Cat clearly thrown through the door :-D

You can just see the hands of the person after lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Some flakes in goatstown. D14. Didn't expect anything till afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Can anyone tell me what the outlook for Dublin Airport is? I’m flying to Namibia tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

thelad95 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the outlook for Dublin Airport is? I’m flying to Namibia tomorrow.
    I'd say expect some disruption not just dublin in uk as well

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭zacharius

OK, Saturday at last! I allowed the kids 2 slices of toast each this am, but reminded them we need to be very mindful of the other 30 loaves that Mum bought. Planning on a late late night snow gazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Persistent light snow for over an hour here and net weather is showing nothing falling at all anywhere near my location. I see this as a good thing with regards to radar watching later on and tomorrow when the radar would be much more active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've had 2 flakes of something in D7.
    That's me snowed in for a week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Spotted two Snowflakes in D4 having avocado and toast this morning...they were complaining about the weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

First bit of precipitation here in Wexford on a brisk NE wind.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

actaphobia wrote: »
    Dear All, I'm driving to the airport this afternoon for a flight this evening.

Should I be ok? My understanding from yesterday's posts is that it is not expected to kick off until late night?

You'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

Some panic buying this morning in Newbridge for the bread

I've had 2 flakes of something in D7.
    That's me snowed in for a week:)
    Bif wrote: »
    Spotted two Snowflakes in D4 having avocado and toast this morning...they were complaining about the weather.
    That's four so far, are they the pathfinders! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Snizzle? here near the Wicklow gap for the last hour or more. Quite gusty, not lying yet, but it's sure to do as it gets colder through the day. Just in time to top up what's left of my drifts from storm Emma!

I looked through and coundnt find anything but any snow for North Cork? Taking the youngest to one of the parades and trying to pick which one to avoid any bad driving conditions. Thanks

That's four so far, are they the pathfinders! :)

No, they just got lost. I've pointed them in the direction of Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Snowing lightly in Dublin 5.

actaphobia wrote: »
    Dear All, I'm driving to the airport this afternoon for a flight this evening.

Should I be ok? My understanding from yesterday's posts is that it is not expected to kick off until late night?

Check with your airline. Some flights are cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I looked through and coundnt find anything but any snow for North Cork? Taking the youngest to one of the parades and trying to pick which one to avoid any bad driving conditions. Thanks

You'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

DP gone negative at Howth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

High tide approaching at Blackrock, Dublin and the waves are beginning to come over the sea wall in a brisk easterly. As the wind is forecast to strengthen and tomorrow mornings high tide is a few cm’s higher, we could be looking at more DART disruption

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

few light flurries in D15 this morning. It's very wet here I wonder if there is any hope for stickage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Might get something tomorrow but just wrap up well today. The temperature not too low near Mallow but the wind chill is kicking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

ameee wrote: »
    few light flurries in D15 this morning. It's very wet here I wonder if there is any hope for stickage?

Come this evening , most defiantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Very light but powdery snow grains/small graupel in D14 already. Cold air looks ahead of schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Family in southern England putting up pictures of 1-2cm of lying snow already. Its on the way!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Very light but powdery snow grains/small graupel in D14 already. Cold air looks ahead of schedule.

Same in Dublin 16. Spitting light snow. 2.2c DP -0.4c.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

DP negative in Clondalkin since 9am. Very impressive gradual decline overnight.
    445751.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

DP 0c
    Wet Bulb 1c

Kildare

Advertisement