Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not expecting much snow action except a few light flurries over the weekend, but the DP is down to -4 in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Big streamer heading our way from Twickenham 🇮🇪

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Some light snow now near Tullow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Forwent the first half of the match to walk the dog and stock up on fevertree. Few flecks in the wind, which I might add would tear the fecking face off ya !!! Haven't felt a bite like that in a long while. Had to laugh at two lads breezing through the park in their lil skinny knee length shorts. No sense, no feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Had a wee flurry on the coast of louth, stopped now though. Ground conditions perfect if we do get a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

The Irish Sea is starting to wake up. Looks like a streamer is trying to form roughly halfway between the Isle of Man and Anglesey. It might be headed for Dublin, a bit too early to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Went out to refill the bird feeders and make sure they would have plenty to eat before the cold night ahead, and that wind is brutal! I thought my fingers were going to break off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Sunny now at Grange after a largely dull day, nothing special here.

Not really sunny in Artane but the clouds are breaking up. I can see a lot of clouds to my east though.

Edit: spoke too soon, properly sunny now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Bitterly cold and very light snow flurry here in north laois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

I can see blue sky in ballyfermot *cryyyy*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Expect moderate snow in north Leinster within an hour to 90 minutes, streamers will shift south gradually through the evening in several parallel bands, IOM shadow likely to set up during that phase, heaviest snow likely to be late evening, overnight, Sunday morning.

Radar showing more coverage in Britain than at peak of last event, so this could become heavy.

Our little contest (12 entries) has a consensus 30 cm peak snow cover and the first thunder to occur at 1824h (the average of the ten of twelve who thought there would be some, two picked "no reports" as their option). The range was something like 1330h to 2230h, nobody who expects thunder postponed it beyond midnight. The peak time for it appears to be late evening to about 0800h Sunday.

Also worth mentioning that our twelve guesses average --8.3 for the lowest temperature to be recorded any time up to Tuesday's minimum. The range was about -6 to -12.

I wonder which unlucky place will be under the IOM shadow. Better not be me! I don't think I will be under it but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Had snow flurries on and off all day here suncroft kildare , when the activity really kicks off after midnight, I would not be surprised to see some areas waking up to red warnings by morning as the Irish sea is starting to burst into action

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I wonder which unlucky place will be under the IOM shadow. Better not be me! I don't think I will be under it but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.

Well south dublin was under it during last event..and set up is apparently very similar this time round..so :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

One or two snow flurries in Cork City but that's about it, expecting much.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Well south dublin was under it during last event..and set up is apparently very similar this time round..so :/

I don't think you were, I'm pretty sure South Meath was for much of the time. You were just at the very edge of the streamers.

Don't know how you were when north Dublin was getting plenty of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

It wasn't. The Anglesey shadow came into effect in S Dublin briefly on the Wednesday afternoon. The wind would have to be proper NE for the IOM shadow to effect S Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Light snow d17

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

A grand slam victory , now let’s hope for a pasting tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

English chariots don't have winter tyres.

Snizzle in Dublin 5. It's hard to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Big flake snow in north Dub. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Even the weather forum isn't safe from flipping Rugby :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lovely and sunny in Waterford, not been outside today so I'll have to guess that its very chilly in the wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

IOM shadow in a similar set to last time? Wicklow Town missing out?

Big flakes falling moderately now at Grange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Nothing yet in north meath, despite what the radar suggests, hopefully it stays that way

Advertisement