Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Grand slam winners!! yeah baby!!:D

Snowing now for the last 90 minutes- one eye on the tv, one on the snow:D
    none of it sticking so far, but we cant have everything. So happy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Starting to snow in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

Anyone asking about flights. Our 12.50pm flight to Faro from Dublin was delayed an hour due to snow in London. It was aer lingus but aside from some turbulence all went smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

A brief heavy snow shower looked like grouple but it's gone now. In the drogheda area. Lampost watching tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

2013Lara wrote: »
    IOM shadow in a similar set to last time? Wicklow Town missing out?

It was the Welsh shadow last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Coming down heavy now oh boyy

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Graupel shower in Swords now, let the fun begin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Roofs went white in 10 seconds here. Breef heavy burst snow/hail mix.

Cloud tops have heightened notably in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,571 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Bit of a snow shower in Tramore, Co Waterford, pretty much stopped. Nearly sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Can anyone post the GFS 12z MT was talking about?
    What depths snow are we talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

METAR EIME 171700Z 07018KT 9999 FEW028 BKN048 01/M09 Q1012=

Ten degree split between Temp and D.P at Casement!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wind gone ENE now....can expect something to kick off soon in south Dublin....IMBY. 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Heavy band heading towards waterford now. Let it snow!

some flakes falling now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    Can anyone post the GFS 12z MT was talking about?
    What depths snow are we talking about?

Not too much on Hirlam that I can see anyway except for the east and south east. Of course depends what you mean by the south!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Moderate snow/graupel shower a few mins ago. Some of the graupel has settled but it's been blown into mini-drifts by the wind. This shower alone would make this March better for lying snow than March 2013 here! I can see CBs over the Irish Sea at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Dark clouds rolling in toward south dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Moderate snow/graupel shower a few mins ago. Some of the graupel has settled but it's been blown into mini-drifts by the wind. This shower alone would make this March better for lying snow than March 2013 here! I can see CBs over the Irish Sea at the moment.

The thing with March 2013 was that while temperatures were persistently below average which made it an extreme month overall in terms of the mean temperature, daily temperatures weren't all that extreme. Like, apart from the 11th, I had at least 4c on every day of March 2013, though I failed to reach 10c.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gorgeous day in Athlone. Clear and beautiful blue skies and the sun splitting the stones!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Speak Now wrote: »
    Even the weather forum isn't safe from flipping Rugby :(

But it snowed for the whole match, that makes it relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rikand wrote: »
    Gorgeous day in Athlone. Clear and beautiful blue skies and the sun splitting the stones!

Free hit for athlone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Light snow falling, cloudy to the east, the sun is shining from the west.
    0.9C with a DP of -2.5C. North East Kilkenny.

Edited as snow picked up intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Big flakes falling moderately now at Grange.

Blue skies appearing on the scene again as clouds clear, but not for long as cloud is not far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I have just returned from London (was there for work reasons - not the match unfortunately). This morning around 6.30 it started to snow and got quite heavy as morning went on. Nothing was sticking though in central London. On my way to the airport some evidence of stick on grass but nothing like a few weeks ago. It simply wasn’t sticking. Perhaps the snow that falls tonight will stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Had a bit of a shower a short while ago and the patio table has a white covering now. It's 1.0/-3.6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

revelman wrote: »
    I have just returned from London (was there for work reasons - not the match unfortunately). This morning around 6.30 it started to snow and got quite heavy as morning went on. Nothing was sticking though in central London. On my way to the airport some evidence of stick on grass but nothing like a few weeks ago. It simply wasn’t sticking. Perhaps the snow that falls tonight will stick.

Yeah i know. I guess it's the urban heat island effect, but then it was not a problem a few weeks ago. So it must be the sun being even stronger at this time. If we had a few days of frosty weather before hand, it might have helped.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Casement reporting a DP of -9c. :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Coming down heavy in waterford now
    Sticking as well. can see it on the grass plus its not melting when hitting the bin lid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Heavy snow shower in Waterford now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Any chance it will miss Dublin or be light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

F all in Loughlinstown, I blame Calibos for hexing us here.
    Ireland win helps :) hic

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement