Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Could do without another dump. A day of snow is OK here or there but it soon becomes a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

200motels wrote: »
    Do you think we'll get much overnight?

If showers are as heavy as last one we'll have a good covering again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Looking at TV 3 the snow is getting heavier in London now. I wonder if the rugby fans will have trouble getting home tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Looking at TV 3 the snow is getting heavier in London now. I wonder if the rugby fans will have trouble getting home tonight or tomorrow.

Other than those that sleep through the alarm clock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Very heavy snow with strong gust now in swords North Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

What are the chances of Portlaoise getting something?Currently 1.4 degrees here feels colder here today than last snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Moderate graupel has just given way to moderate snow here in Malahide. Road turning white rapidly.

Last tiny dose of graupel took most of an hour to melt off. Temp just dipping sub zero now so whatever falls from here on is there to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Light dusting of grauple in d15 , it started much the same way two weeks ago , heavy laden clouds colluding nearby .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Snow showers getting more frequent and heavier here in Waterford City. Sticking to surfaces but not roads yet.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Bingo! Moderate snow and graupel immediately sticking to the ground D5.

• Advertisement

First proper dinner-plate flakes now for this event. This is already heavier than anything from Beast 1.0 I feel.

And it's clearing up again. You couldn't make it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A light dusting of graupel on the bins and that sort of thing.

Laying the foundation...

Artane2002 wrote: »
    And it's clearing up again. You couldn't make it up!
    sdanseo wrote: »
    First proper dinner-plate flakes now for this event. This is already heavier than anything from Beast 1.0 I feel.

I take my comments back - lasted all of 2 mins even though radar shows it to be a bigger shower. Odd as found radar pretty accurate for this location as it goes.

Such a thin covering that its now melting, so although 0 at the airport must be 1/2C here still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I vote we ban MT. I've just cancelled a dinner booking for the 2nd time in a mater of weeks due to snow.

He's a harbinger of doom:D

Interesting that snow came as a surprise to the restaurant manager when I phoned him in Ashbourne.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Snowing and sticking in Stoneybatter

Temperature has gone below freezing at Howth. Likely to hold anything that falls from now on on most surfaces.

vws742.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

I wonder will Cork get a bout of Snow tonight? Or Carrigaline and not Cork?

I ask this because I am south of the city in Carrigaline .. During the #beastfromtheeast event Carrigaline got a right pasting vs the city. In fact many towns on the edge of the south coast got a worse hammering eg Kinsale, Clonakilty etc. The city got away relatively lightly. So much so some in the city neither believed Carrigaline got such a pasting or Mallow got no snow at all.

Carrigaline was "locked off" from the city for a few days as the main roads in/out were for alot of time impassable.

Carrigaline is only about 16kms south of the city. While Mallow, north of the city had no snow at all in the main.

That last event showed up many local "microclimates" across the country .. even places a few kms from each other.

So will this be the case again I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

aidanodr wrote: »
    I wonder will Cork get a bout of Snow tonight? Or Carrigaline and not Cork?

I ask this because I am south of the city in Carrigaline .. During the #beastfromtheeast event Carrigaline got a right pasting vs the city. In fact many towns on the edge of the south coast got a worse hammering eg Kinsale, Clonakilty etc.

Carrigaline was "locked off" from the city for a few days as the main roads in/out were for alot of time impassable.

Carrigaline is only about 16kms south of the city. While Mallow, north of the city had no snow at all in the main.

That last event showed up many local "microclimates" across the country .. even places a few kms from each other.

So will this be the case again I wonder?

Look of the bands of snow south of Wexford/Waterford. Those could be heading your way

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Nothing in North Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

No snow all afternoon in Dublin bay .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Mostly clear skies and brass monkeys in tipp.

#iluvsnow

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

#iluvsnow

Will this be as bad as last event?

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Will this be as bad as last event?
    On a general scale, not as bad as the last event. It lasts for a shorter time too.

PS: I added a signature in case I forget to mention where my location is.
    PS2: Moderate graupel/snow shower in Dublin 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Old Trafford getting a very heavy snow shower right now

Argh, it stopped again. The IOM shadow is very close.

Oh dear, now the term 'son of the beast' has caught on to the media too!

-0.7 now @ Howth.

We are ready dammit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Argh, it stopped again. The IOM shadow is very close.

Oh dear, now the term 'son of the beast's has caught on to the media too!

IOM shadow off up around Down/Louth for now. Think you're safe in Artane for now. :D

It's a lack of convection in the central portion of the Irish sea hurting Dublin for now. Funny enough the largest fetch of sea atm where you'd expect the better action is struggling while there's alot more action for the SE already.

Advertisement