Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Absolutely not a flake in Wicklow so far

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Drumpot wrote: »
    This annoys me. I’m living in east Meath (near Drogheda)but I reckon Louth forecast is more relevant for us. Also north Dublin is only up the road yet we prob won’t get any decent snow like the last time!. It’s like we are just in that Isle of Man shadow thing where all snow for our area has already been used!

East and south Meath is plagued by the IOM Shadow nearly every easterly snow event. Half way between Dunboyne and Dunshaughlin to just south of Navan is the worst area to be affected. Friends in Dunshaughlin still reporting very little, nothing other than a few bits of graupel or dandruff. No lying snow yet for sure.

So far all the reports i'm reading this will be significantly less impressive than the total event of two weeks ago. Most areas should see a covering by morning but won't be anything like last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Anywhere gotten anymore than patchy covering yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Heavy big fluffy flakes falling in Clara, Co. Offaly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    Snowing very heavily now in Waterford City. (East side). Big fat flakes. It looks very similar to what came with the last event. Lots of drifts tomorrow I'd say.

Yes on a par with anything we had in the last spell. Almost white out conditions for a while. Temp now -0.7c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Heavy snow pellet shower in Donabate - only lasted a few mins but turned place white. If those streamers got going consistently then it wouldn't take long building up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

2013Lara wrote: »

Nothing only cold in Greystones either

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

What a load of ****e in ballyfermot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Where in Wicklow are u? Im in wicklow town and it stopped about 15 mins ago after being heavy for a good 30-40 mins. Just a dusting on the cars and road now though, was blowing hard so didnt get chance to settle in some places.

Edit. Started again heavy. A good white dusting now on all surfaces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Jimjay wrote: »
    Where in Wicklow are u? Im in wicklow town and it stopped about 15 mins ago after being heavy for a good 30-40 mins. Just a dusting on the cars and road now though, was blowing hard so didnt get chance to settle in some places.

Wicklow Town/Rathnew area! Haven't seen a thing. Heavy hail now at the min though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Wicklow Town/Rathnew area! Haven't seen a thing. Heavy hail now at the min though

Its coming down heavy again now. Everywhere white dusting. In the marlton area of wicklow town

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

eigrod wrote: »
    Nothing only cold in Greystones either
    There's been a bit but not far off nothing here alright. The seas looking good though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Some accumulation in dalkey...white coating as of now...pic attached

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Getting a dusting here in Lucan, wind is nasty out there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

out the back of my house having greenspot whisky and cigar in shorts in 2 degree c seems right tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TeaCup2

Very heavy shower of "polystyrene" in south Kilkenny recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Radar should perk up in the next couple of hours.

Last shower had more snow than graupel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

https://ibb.co/gnQqhx

East Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Irish sea still fairly uninspiring. Less so if you followed posts signalling overnight as the kickoff but plenty of posts thinking post 6pm and we'd have proper lift off were thrown around on here.

Question for experts - if you look NE to the UK, between Lancaster and Preston and watch the radar loop you can see a lack of precip in a strip between those locations- presumably to do with the highland of the Moors (?). If you trace that shadow SE it is a fairly direct hit for Dublin central. Can that influence even Irish sea based activity? Convection always seems to kick off from certain focal points and generally precip avoids certain areas. You'll see plenty of heavier stuff going North and South of the m50 ring in Dublin. Even now there's showers building heading roughly for N and S of that m50 ring, what stops it happening in between those strips? Is it purely random?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Just Drove from Rathfarnham to Sandymount in Dublin.

Temp in Rathfarnham with grauple -1.5

Temo in Sandymount dry +1.5

3 degree difference in 5KM or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

daheff wrote: »
    so basically you folks are saying i should buy the last snow shovel left in argos?? :D

I’m glad I kept the receipt....so far looks like I’m not going to need it & can bring it back on tuesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

_Brian wrote: »

Mountmellick area similar in last half hour. Dusting but substantial fall in a short time. Complete, but light, cover. Assisted by the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looked out he window, snowing heavily in NE Kilkenny, everywhere white and the temperature is -2.1C.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Maybe starting to pick up a little now in the Irish sea.

Conditions primed here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

david75 wrote: »
    Snowing and sticking in Stoneybatter

More like sleet than snow..I'm not far from you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Would it be dodgy to drive from Limerick to Dublin this evening,as a friend of mines stranded.
    I said I'd collect them if I could

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Would it be dodgy to drive from Limerick to Dublin this evening,as a friend of mines stranded.
    I said I'd collect them if I could

Conditions aren’t great. Wind is gusting strongly and visibility wouldn’t be great in any showers. Tough call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Snowing on and off here for the past few hours. Very little sticking. Tipp/Kilkenny border.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aLou991

Snowing in trim at the moment. Light dusting. Drove from Blanch to Trim and had to pull off the motorway, visibility was shocking.

Oh, and real feel temp at - 12.
    Actual temp is 1c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Coming down heavy now north Dublin

Advertisement