Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A covering of 9cm in South County Laois this morning. 89mASL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

RTE has Dublin weather as 'light sleet'. This is decent snowfall by any standards for Dublin 7...can't imagine the buses running in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Continuous light/heavy snow for the last few hours in Delgany. About 4/5 cm and building fast

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Looks like the roads weren't gritted.

The main roads were certainly gritted down here and we were expecting less snow and ice than you!

https://twitter.com/CorkSafetyAlert/status/975063029279752192

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Are the trains running from Dublin to Galway today? (mother wants to know)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Jojo37 wrote: »
    Loving this. Could happily window watch for the day �� Sticking on the grass, not on the roads yet. Hopefully get enough to build a snowman later! (Mallow area)

Hope to be travelling through mallow in two hours time,do u think the roads will be ok at that stage or should I change my plans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

200motels wrote: »
    What’s the roads like in Waterford as I’m in work soon.
    Dont know about main road but street here has thawed.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I’m near Dun Laoghaire in my sister’s and place was already white when I woke at 8, and has been snowing heavily ever since.

I’m waiting for her to come home so I can head back to my own place in Drimnagh. Are the conditions there the same does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

It will thaw pretty quickly here on the county Dublin coast if it eases off for any length. It's slushy underneath when you step on it, rather than lovely compressed powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

spookwoman wrote:
    If anyone is interested here is how to setup a mobile phone as a webcam / security camera so you don't have to keep going to widows to look out. Install ip webcam on the phone. when its up and running it will give you an ip address. the on pc or laptop type in the address with the port number eg

Try Alfred on Android. I've used them all. Its the friendliest. Uses your google account. Simples.

shelly22 wrote:
    Coming down heaven now in Dublin

..... Bleedin snow fetishist.... :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

29340267_1612729498841163_5377107035194130432_n.jpg?oh=16b9738124480ac0877acaa67eb75a65&oe=5B016467

Currently -1.1c and moderate snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Serious snow falling in Laois now..won’t be long till we are up Emma levels in my location...we got about two foot during Emma and the snow is falling heavy the last two hours..
    ME missed this one definitely level red warning in places...cars leaving the road already as people were not expecting it this bad..

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hope it melts quickly. Snow is just annoying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

About 10 miles north east of Naas Co. Kildare steady windy snow all morning about 3-4 cm of that fine dusty mini hailstone snow very few decent flakes

Snow starting to fall in Cork City now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Is it supposed to snow just today or is this for a few days

harr wrote: »
    Serious snow falling in Laois now..won’t be long till we are up Emma levels in my location...we got about two foot during Emma and the snow is falling heavy the last two hours..
    ME missed this one definitely level red warning in places...cars leaving the road already as people were not expecting it this bad..

Laois does seem to be getting quite a bit of snow. It should have been an orange warning there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Carlow well passed Orange criteria yet not on MET's list.. ?

A few inches on the ground here now. Been snowing moderate-heavy for most of the morning. Really starting to accumulate. Didn't think we would experience as much so far. Hirlam showing heavier precipitation for the pm too.

Updates to weather warnings on the way?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Measured 3-4 inches and 6-7 inches in the drifs in Monasterevin just now, still snowing.
    Snow is loving us this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Activity is now diminishing on the Irish Sea as upper levels warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

This is surely unprecedented for the middle of March!

Carlow well passed Orange criteria yet not on MET's list.. ?

A few inches on the ground here now. Been snowing moderate-heavy for most of the morning. Really starting to accumulate. Didn't think we would experience as much so far. Hirlam showing heavier precipitation for the pm too.

Updates to weather warnings on the way?

Genuine question. What is orange criteria? I don’t know the answer. Orange is still a pretty significant weather warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

snow falling in cork city. not sticking though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Feel sorry for the frogs in my garden pond. There was a batch of spawn frozen solid in it during Emma and they were spawning again during this week. With the forecast temps to go low I fear it will freeze solid again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Danno wrote: »
    29340267_1612729498841163_5377107035194130432_n.jpg?oh=16b9738124480ac0877acaa67eb75a65&oe=5B016467

Currently -1.1c and moderate snow.

Photo Ballybrittas by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

thawing here in waterford slowly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Whiteout in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Might have to cancel my planned cycle to Howth

Snow%20Round%202%20Patricks%20weekend.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Snowing heavily in Celbridge last hour...up near 3-4cm now.

2 more hours of this and it could be a good amount....not too much to close roads, but enough for snowman!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 DoPoGo

I wonder is it due to St Pats Govt travels that we aren't getting lots warnings or is it really not too bad.

Due to leave south side Dublin at midday to go Gorey. What do ye think?

Can't see much about roads around Gorey.

Advertisement