Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Just back from the Vee Co Tipp and still some snow up there. Dont know the temp expect to say as soon as i sprayed the car window it froze hard on contact. brrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Congrats Kermit on another great thread. I don't know how you do it!!

Actually, I think I do...

YckGTT1.jpg

;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

-3c at Dublin Airport and Casement at 4 am. -5 at Gurteen and Sligo.

The temperature drop at Howth with winds going off shore

vws742.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

At 0500h Markree had dropped to -6, several others were -5.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mount Dillon and Markree reporting -6c at 0600.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Minus 5.8 here in sw donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Markree lowest countrywide, reported -7 @ 07.00

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

on the way to work this morning from Hollywood to Tallaght on N81 the car temperature was solid -5 most of the time, that was an hour ago,not bad and snow is holding on nicely with more drifts in place around hills near Brittas, perfect blue sky to compliment the continental cold, what a way to conclude astronomical winter and my last one in Ireland. I will have plenty of frost scraping ones in Slovakia next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co Galway 20/03/18IMAG3141_zpsekecpqvj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I recorded -6.1 this morning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Didn't even go sub zero here in Waterford City, Min was 0.6c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Lowest my station got last night was -4.2 celsius, NW Wicklow, 200m asl.

Highest temperature projected for today is 24 celsius, Puerto del Carmen, 24m asl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Salthill Galway 20/03/18 it's now 4℃
    IMAG3074_zpsbl2qob0g.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

LOL

546_BF08_B-863_A-474_F-9_D32-_BDAE5_D482_DC9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

What a stunningly gorgeous day now. I've loved the last few days and seeing a return of snow. Thanks to all the wonderful posters here for explaining and discussing all the weather events the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Not sure where to post this;

Dear Friends,

The Irish Meteorological Society is pleased to announce an exciting Conference on the theme of hurricanes and windstorms that affect Ireland. The Conference will take place in the RDS (Hall 7, Concert Hall) on Friday, 13th of April from 18.00 to 20.30.

With Hurricane Ophelia still fresh in the mind, and with the recent experience of Storm Emma, it is clear to us all that severe weather events such as windstorms can have a huge impact on our lives. The ability to forecast such events and to have some indications of future trends in frequency and intensity, is vital. The success of Met Éireann in forecasting the events over the last year gives confidence that Ireland is on the right track to achieve that goal.

Under the title "The Wind that Shakes the Island", the Conference will focus on the challenges of forecasting significant events (with Hurricane Ophelia as the prime example}. It will feature speakers such as Evelyn Cusack and Liz Walsh, both key members of the Met Éireann forecast team that dealt so well with the major events. International cooperation is a vital feature of meteorological forecasting and this will be represented in the Conference by our guest speaker, Dr. Mike Brennan of the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami. A research element will be included in the final programme.

The Conference will be held in cooperation with Met Éireann and with the kind assistance of the RDS.

To register for what promises to be a very exciting and attractive event, please visit the RDS website at:

Click Here

and fill in your details.

IMS Committee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Last patch of snow dodging the sunlight!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a peach of a day here, if it was slightly warmer i'd be almost tempted to wheel the BBQ out for the first time since late October...... hopefully we will get a few pleasantly warm blue sky days during April.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sat Image taken today

United_Kingdom_Ireland.2018079.terra.1km.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

So what about all this talk of snow over Easter then?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

So what about all this talk of snow over Easter then?

Wouldn't pay much attention, not particularly reliable it's so far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Some photos from Sunday around the foothills of the Dublin mountains (Stepaside /Ticknock)

446106.jpg

446107.jpg

446108.jpg

446109.jpg

446110.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

A few more here from up the hills on Monday (First pic is Sunday)

446111.jpg

446113.jpg

446115.jpg

446117.jpg

446121.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Cold hanging on for one last night, Mullingar at 0200h was -3, Moorepark and Oak Park both -2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I might have passed you on the way down, Blizzard

6OdbAYmGe8ITEPXvjf237fh78Q4avICuTEmCFiU_REGEV2sRiv3-oYg5fEZZi-z8AW7BO5XgPOQWn2aliay9dA=w3840-h2028-rw

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

N81 Baltinglass -5.6 according to NRA website,coldest by far,that is West Wicklow for you,still plenty of snow in Brittas,Blessington and Hollywood area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep my station in Tullow hit -5.2c overnight

Advertisement