Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City bus service on the bank holiday

Options
  • 12-03-2018 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering will the buses be running on monday week?If there is a service will it be running in accordance to the sunday schedule?

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Comments

Im just wondering will the buses be running on monday week?If there is a service will it be running in accordance to the sunday schedule?

Mrs Bumble will be along to confirm but AFAIK they run the Sunday timetable on Bank Holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mrs Bumble will be along to confirm but AFAIK they run the Sunday timetable on Bank Holidays

:-)

Pretty much that.

It's likely that BE will run some extra services to get people to/from the parade - regular routes, but more buses than usual. I don't know if they do this on all routes, or just the popular ones (definitely on 409).

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

:-)

Pretty much that.

It's likely that BE will run some extra services to get people to/from the parade - regular routes, but more buses than usual. I don't know if they do this on all routes, or just the popular ones (definitely on 409).

The parade is on Saturday though, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Saturday is the bank holiday and I understand not in Galway but DB run normal week service on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Space Dog wrote: »

Yes as that's Paddy's Day, many places open as normal the Monday so a Sunday service will be a nuisance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Monday is listed as a Bank holiday in lieu of Saint Patrick's day falling on a Saturday. It's not a regular Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Space Dog wrote: »

You're quite right, serves me right for replying quickly before researching :(

Monday is a bank holiday, but not a public holiday.

Bus Éireann say they will be operating a regular Monday timetable, ref: http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1520957703-St-Patricks--Easter-Weekend-Timetables.pdf

Advertisement