Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get the Aldi/Lidl weekly shopping booklet?

Options
  • 12-03-2018 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I don't have an Aldi/Lidl near me but I'd like to see the shopping booklet they release every week just so I know what's on sale and if they have anything I might be interested in.

To complicate things further, I'm not on Facebook and I don't want to do buying a paper (I get my news online/TV) just for the booklet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Is their websites too obvious a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Why not just look at their website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't have an Aldi/Lidl near me but I'd like to see the shopping booklet they release every week just so I know what's on sale and if they have anything I might be interested in.

To complicate things further, I'm not on Facebook and I don't want to do buying a paper (I get my news online/TV) just for the booklet.

Their websites have all the details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Aldi have an app, and I’m sure their special buys for both stores will be on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's on their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You have excluded the only places to get them. So nowhere.

They are sometimes shoved through the door, but not everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sign up on their websites and you can have the twice-weekly booklets sent straight to your email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned their website yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you can get them in store too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I hate lidl & aldis websites. The stuff is all over the place and hard to find, they fill up so much space with images.

There is no search function on it. On tesco you can search "beer" and then refine it to special offers. Sort by price etc.

While they do put the leaflets up they are not as up to date as those in the shop. Aldi & lidl are a bit out of the way for me, I would prefer to be able to see the catalogues actually in the shops to plan ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

rubadub wrote: »
    I hate lidl & aldis websites. The stuff is all over the place and hard to find, they fill up so much space with images.

There is no search function on it. On tesco you can search "beer" and then refine it to special offers. Sort by price etc.

While they do put the leaflets up they are not as up to date as those in the shop. Aldi & lidl are a bit out of the way for me, I would prefer to be able to see the catalogues actually in the shops to plan ahead.

They have the catalogue on their websites.

Del2005 wrote: »
    They have the catalogue on their websites.
    I know, but not as up to date as what is in the shops. I was also just generally commenting that their sites are crap. I am amazed at how bad most supermarkets websites are. You see tiny businesses with far better ones.

It is very hard to gauge if a weekly shop or particular "shopping list" is going to be cheaper in these places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

shops. I was also just generally commenting that their sites are crap.

i'd rather a crap website than more expensive groceries.

BTW dunnes stores don't have searchable products and prices either.

i'd rather a crap website than more expensive groceries.
    Are you saying maintaining a decent website will result in expensive groceries?

or are you saying aldi & lidl are just cheaper on every single item, or what?

In the bargain alerts forum you will see plenty of people shop around several supermarkets for various items. No one shop is cheaper all around.

If aldi & lidl had sites similar to tesco I would likely be buying more stuff there. As I would be aware of it, and not have stocked up elsewhere.
    BTW dunnes stores don't have searchable products and prices either.
    Yes, it's terrible too, this was brought up in other threads too. I was saying it is likely since they have something to hide, tesco is the only decent one. If these supermarkets have nothing to hide why not freely show prices? They must all be "live" on a database somewhere and so easy to load up. I do not need fancy images or descriptions.

I usually have no shopping list at all. I am far from a fussy eater and have little brand loyalty. In recent years I would have a list in my head by going onto tesco and just seeing what is on offer. You can check by department like "fresh food offers".

Some people sticking strictly to shopping lists might find aldi/lidl cheaper, but I generally spend less in tesco since I can check in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Are you saying maintaining a decent website will result in expensive groceries?

or are you saying aldi & lidl are just cheaper on every single item, or what?

I guess because i work in IT, i am aware of the costs associated with a website that has to be updated and maintained daily.

Its a significant expense whether supported in house or contracted out. & yes costs will be passed on to the customer in the form of higher prices.

Plus the hassle of customers complaining if their is a price difference between store and website and demanding mistaken prices be honoured etc.

Its far cheaper to have a template based website that is only updated periodically, with no need for price adjustment, or stock checking etc, which is exactly what lidl/dunnes/aldi use.

Advertisement