Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company startup on student visa

Options
  • 12-03-2018 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, my query is about starting a company while studying.
    I'm currently on a stamp 2 visa and have developed a software for GDPR compliance. I wanted to incorporate a company and pitch in some clients. But I'm not sure if I can do that.
    So, my question is, keeping in mind, may as the deadline for gdpr, would I be able to incorporate a company and work? I'm on stamp 2 visa and my course will be over in June. Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Hi, my query is about starting a company while studying.
    I'm currently on a stamp 2 visa and have developed a software for GDPR compliance. I wanted to incorporate a company and pitch in some clients. But I'm not sure if I can do that.
    So, my question is, keeping in mind, may as the deadline for gdpr, would I be able to incorporate a company and work? I'm on stamp 2 visa and my course will be over in June. Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

INIS website quite clear - you need a stamp 4 Visa
    http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/registration-stamps#stamp2
    You can work in casual employment for a maximum of 20 hours per week during school term and 40 hours per week during holidays. You must not engage in any other business or trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

we love saying no in Ireland !

Find someone to partner with who can work here, or setup your business outside of Ireland and still sell to the Irish companies.

The GDPR deadline is fast approaching for all of us , and I think you should be commended for showing such initiative.

PM me if you need more info.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You would need to be very careful and get the correct information before even considering this and should check with INIS.

You are not allowed to be self employed on a stamp 2 - it is a student visa and you are given access under that pretence, you risk losing your visa completely if you break the rules of it.

Advertisement