Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navigating through threads on Touch site

• 13-03-2018 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wanted to make a suggestion/ request on navigating through long threads on the mobile. I use Touch boards on my phone almost exclusively, and I generally find it great, but this is one thing that i think could be improved.

Is it possible that you could use the ellipsis between page numbers to get a drop-down with the page numbers?

So, I go into a long thread. Sometimes, even if I have read to page 10, for example, I will still be brought to page 1. There are now 15 pages, and I can only jump to the first two, or the last two, pages. It takes some extra hopping (unless there's a workaround I don't know about!) to get to where I want to be.

If I go into the YLYL thread, I'm always brought to my last viewed page. But, weirdly, if I go into the Business Cat thread, I end up on the first page about 90% of the time. I visit all of the serious threads :)

Anyway, would this be possible, or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Snowseer,

Thanks for your input. There is an issue with the Touch site sometimes forgetting thread placement for long-running threads. We are working on an overhaul at the moment, which should make it easier to navigate to specific posts and also hold your place in a thread better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Snowseer

Hi Mark

Thanks for your response. Could you give any more details on the overhaul? Would the ellipsis drop-down work at all?

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement