Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

P2P Lending

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Svensk

@Svensk,

I Have set the filters for you: buyback, >11% up to 2 month
    15 results

you can change the filters on the right
    sKeith wrote: »
    That list has grupeer, which I know does not have any loans under 5 months, and its 5 months loan is at 10%.

Ok

Feel free to discuss how this platforms perfoms.

https://www.p2p-kredite.com/fuer-anleger-vergleich-der-marktplatze-fur-p2p-kredite?fwp_zins=10.50%2C60.00&fwp_sicherung=buyback-oder-aehnlich&fwp_laufzeit=0.00%2C2.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

@sKeith, well it appears you were on the money with Robocash. Second portfolio set up and the bit of cash I had left not invested is now fully invested.
    I've been thinking about why this is.
    My newer portifolio gets the loans before my old portfolio, so what if this is platform wide, to give better impresssions to new joiners. maybe loans are offered to portfolios based on age, and the loans are all tapped out before they get down the line to our older portfolios.
    This would explain why making new portfolios gets around the cash drag situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

So to follow up on the Robocash issue sKeith mentioned.

I had a balance sitting idle in my first portfolio the last day or so. This morning, I transferred the balance to the second portfolio and it was invested within the hour.

DoFinance have an Autumn special running from 24th Sep to 01st Nov. You get an additional 1.5% on investments over 6 months, so up to 13.5% is available. The bonus will be added to your account for each new investment during the promo period.

I have been working on a script to pull data from the Envestio project and loan pages for each project. I am particularly interested in loans that already have tiers/parts funded on the site and if they are up to date on previous loans.

I do not have much free time but I'll post an Excel sheet with the output when I get further with my little project.

I have a basic output (with some exceptions that need to be fixed) but here is an example - would welcome any suggestions:

LOAN TITLE|URL|LOAN NBR|LOAN CODE|LOAN MORE LINK|NBR LOANS|TOTAL PAYMENTS DUE/MADE|LOAN STATUS|NEXT PAYMENT DUE
    urban mining tier|Loan details|80|EN018083|More details|14 of 14|4/4|COMPLETE|-
    power plant factoringdevelopment phase|Loan details|81|EN018084|More details|1 of 1|11/7|ACTIVE|11/Oct/2019
    biomass fuel factoring|Loan details|82|EN018085|More details|7 of 7|6/6|COMPLETE|-
    biomass fuel factoring|Loan details|83|EN018086|More details|8 of 8|6/6|COMPLETE|-

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mike_cork

DoFinance have an Autumn special running from 24th Sep to 01st Nov. You get an additional 1.5% on investments over 6 months, so up to 13.5% is available. The bonus will be added to your account for each new investment during the promo period.

I've been with DOFinance for a little while and so far so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

What are peoples thoughts on the continuous decrease in interest rates for new portfolios?

I'm currently deciding on adding more portfolios or not.

all economic indicators are showing a slow-down (Which will naturally increase defaults, be it a technical recession or not), and in general the balance of risk/reward in the upcoming 2-3 years seem more than the post-tax return.

Mintos is now 8.9%, which as we know is just a weighted avg of available loans today excl future defaults, so in reality it's lower.

Allow for tax at income tax rates and its about 4% real return at best - before you value the time taken to make that €200 pa for every €5k invested.
    I'm also seeing P2P lendng 'stuff' EVERYWHERE at the moment, which is a massive negative indicator for any investment vertical.

For the first time with P2P, I'm genuinely not feeling it (with a 2-3 year investment window)

what are peoples thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Svensk wrote: »
    Hi p2p experts.

I am only interested in investing in Short term loans and I mean really short ( Max 60 days)

Im looking for about 5 sites that offer this with buyback, no cashdrag and 11% + in return.

Some kind of top 5 list would be appreciated.

What do you say ?

I have some money thrown into Mintos on loans with terms 6months or less. Net Annual Return is coming in at 11.12%. They do offer investments with shorter terms like what you're looking for.

If you decide to give Mintos a go PM me and I can give you a referral code that will give a bonus to both of us.

Grupeer have a promo on till end of the week but only on investments above 5k.

"Get 1% on all your investments above Eur 5000* made from the 1st until 6th October!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

sk8board wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on the continuous decrease in interest rates for new portfolios?

I'm currently deciding on adding more portfolios or not.

all economic indicators are showing a slow-down (Which will naturally increase defaults, be it a technical recession or not), and in general the balance of risk/reward in the upcoming 2-3 years seem more than the post-tax return.

Mintos is now 8.9%, which as we know is just a weighted avg of available loans today excl future defaults, so in reality it's lower.

Allow for tax at income tax rates and its about 4% real return at best - before you value the time taken to make that €200 pa for every €5k invested.
    I'm also seeing P2P lendng 'stuff' EVERYWHERE at the moment, which is a massive negative indicator for any investment vertical.

For the first time with P2P, I'm genuinely not feeling it (with a 2-3 year investment window)

what are peoples thoughts?

Well, I can't log into Mintos today "The system is currently being updated" is the message. Which has given me a cold shiver up my spine. Why wouldn't they just do this type of upgrade at the weekend or during the night? :confused:

In general I am happy enough to stay invested in Mintos (simply becase they are soo much bigger than the rest) but I would be very wary of the smaller operators. Inevitably there will be casualties and because P2P is all about cash flow ... you would imagine its the smaller operators with the shallower pockets who wil suffer first.

Well, I can't log into Mintos today "The system is currently being updated" is the message. Which has given me a cold shiver up my spine. Why wouldn't they just do this type of upgrade at the weekend or during the night? :confused:

In general I am happy enough to stay invested in Mintos (simply becase they are soo much bigger than the rest) but I would be very wary of the smaller operators. Inevitably there will be casualties and because P2P is all about cash flow ... you would imagine its the smaller operators with the shallower pockets who wil suffer first.

Any recommendations on platforms to avoid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

I can log in no problem.

mike_cork wrote: »
    Any recommendations on platforms to avoid?

DYOR

Personally I keep a close on on

https://www.p2p-banking.com/tag/loan-volume/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 P2PBanking.com

Published the new volumes figures
    https://www.p2p-banking.com/countries/germany-international-p2p-lending-volumes-september-2019/
    Assetz going strong, Bondora at an alltime high, October with a good month. Linked Finance better than previous month but too low to satsify investor demand

Bondora... is most of that growth from their Go & Grow product?

Mintos, my weighted average has been dropping and is coming close to 11%. Most new investments are 8-10%, so i expect that average to drop to below 10% by the end of the month. I have decided to move funds from Mintos to other, better performing platforms. Hopefully rates will improve again in the Spring.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have a list of the p2p sites that offer a similar product to Bondora's 'Go & Grow' or Mintos' 'Invest & Access'?

Perhaps one of the bloggers who follow this thread might be able to point me the right direction.

Bondora :: Go & Grow :: upto 6.75% :: Ability to withdraw investment/profit at any stage
    Mintos :: Invest & Access :: upto 8.58% ** :: Unable to withdraw funds where the loan is in grace period or late

(** rate is on a downward trend)

Grupeer are ending their buyback guarantee.
    Grupeer will be offering loans with no buyback guarantee in future. More details can be found on their website here. I somehow missed the announcement.

but will be withdrawing my funds once the guarantee ends.

Edit: thanks for the clarification all. I guess I'll keep my funds there for now so!

ProjectMoose: 72% was in G&G (in August) https://www.bondora.com/blog/e14-5m-invested-in-august/
    ProjectMoose: Mintos CEO does not expect big rebound (rise) of rates soon again https://www.p2p-kredite.com/diskussion/viewtopic,p,125935.html#125935
    ProjectMoose: add Assetz Capital to the list
    @all: regarding the volumes. Forgot to mention that Investly is near an all time high too. They have some high paying EUR invoices. E.g today 12% and 14% available. Their new investor promo with prizes for new investors, that I mentioned earlier, is still running. Details: https://www.p2p-kredite.com/diskussion/exklusive-neukunden-aktion-250-150-und-100-euro-bonus-t6903.html

Grupeer are ending their buyback guarantee. More details can be found on their website here. I somehow missed the announcement but will be withdrawing my funds once the guarantee ends.
    I recently sent grupeer mail on this and the below is the response:

The changes in Terms and Conditions were made as a provision for future loans that will be placed on Grupeer platform. When the first deal without the BBG will be placed on Grupeer platform, all our clients will be notified. And of course, you will receive a higher yield for such investment opportunity to compensate for the additional risk.
    You don’t need to switch off your Auto-invest strategies. In a few days, our IT team will offer a solution to filter these criteria, when setting up an Auto-invest strategy. Currently, when the solution will become present, only “with BuyBack Guarantee” option will be available

Grupeer are ending their buyback guarantee. More details can be found on their website here. I somehow missed the announcement but will be withdrawing my funds once the guarantee ends.

That's not quite correct.

They will be introducing loans with higher interest with no buyback guarantees.
    They will not be removing buyback guarantees from their platform.

Mintos has loans with buyback and loans without.
    That's all grupeer is doing, add non buyback guaranteed loans to their platform.
    Their will be a new setting added to auto-invest, which you will have to OPT-IN too, so that your portfolio picks up these new non buyback guaranteed loans from.

If you leave all your settings as is, you will not pick up any non buyback guaranteed loans.

I had a similar reaction as you did when i noticed the headline, and turned off my auto-invest, then I fully read the notice and turned it back on again, happy with the news, knowing that the new loans are not for me, but they are available, just lkie they are on mintos, and that don't bother me on mintos.

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, I'm out and about. I posted the link so others could read the blurp but I should have expanded on my post when posted earlier.

My reading is that no new loans will have a buyback, so eventually there will be no loans with buyback? You'll only have both in the short term?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sorry lads, I'm out and about. I posted the link so others could read the blurp but I should have expanded on my post when posted earlier.

My reading is that no new loans will have a buyback, so eventually there will be no loans with buyback? You'll only have both in the short term?

More specifically, the BuyBack Guarantee will not be applicable to all future projects listed on the platform

My reading is that it would be applicable to some, it goes onto talk about how you'd be better compensated for those loans which don't have BBG

On reading it again, I think you're correct. Looks like they'll have both available. Will correct my post. Thanks chaps.

vargoo wrote: »
    Don't go near B- if you can't afford to lose it. Some real turds in there.

Varks is B, still in negative equity apparently/their uploaded in armenian financials still causing doubts. So I'd untick that to. They have good looking statistics page and only 1 page of late loans versus 57 pages total but that wouldn't be a saving grace for me with money I'm not comfortable losing.

came across this post from March when researching Varks, so I may as well update it, as currently only Varks are available on Mintos for short term loans over 9.5% (A to B+ only)

in terms of rating, they seem to have improved markedly in terms of profitability (-€0.9m to +€6.8m), and (as a result, presumably) up a huge +42 points to 69 on the independent ratings: https://explorep2p.com/mintos-lender-ratings/

so - I've left it run for now and one of my auto-invests has 3k solely in 30d Varks loans this morning, and its auto-diversifies as more LO's come available.

penny for your thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrMoneyIreland

Very informative thread. I've been using p2p lending sites in Ireland now for near 4 years, both lending and referring businesses in for loans through the platforms as a partner/broker, im accountant by trade. Both moderately successful. Originally Linked, then GRID Finance which dont really seem to have a marketplace now and more recently Flender. Find Flenders dashboard most engaging.
    Returns wise, always invested 250 a month and allow that to build until I had the same coming in from repayments montly and continung to lend that out again, has help build a significant pot overtime that can be liqudated over 3 years (hopefully) at any point.
    Defaults have been marginal but still present, i estimate my current portfolio to be at 1.2%. Linked I found the information they showed publicly allowed me to decide on whether I would get involved but wasnt always up to date. Their comms around arrears and defaults was poor but got better. i put this down to scaling problems, all seems to be in hand now. The intro of auto bid I think changed to speed in how fast loans were being funded but took the oversight out of what I wanted to get involved in, I didnt like this.
    GRID never presented the account etc however I found I had less defaults, maybe the credit assesment was better/differnt, not sure (volumes of loans was lower) but comms always good. Flender I am yet to experiance an issue but still early.

Minus regulation Im not sure I see the marketplace for p2p lending in ireland being anyway big enough for it to make an impact, it would have by now is my feeling. revenues lack of understanding around the whole thing makes me nervous as well. im sure there was something last year about asking the business who were taking the loans to capture withholding tax! How?? interesting seeing all 3 of these platforms bringing in instituation lenders on an ongoing basis which fund large % of the loans now, probably become balance sheet lenders themselves as some point. An email last week from GRID offered access to an investment fund in form of loan notes fixed return of 6.5% per annum, I dont see the others offering this but exploring at the moment and will share feedback on this in time.

In summary, not a huge fan in p2p lending, particulary on an individual loan basis, not enough return for the effort and of course there always that individual loan risk that is ever present. Irelands way behind the curve and with regulation still, well years away I am sondering withdrawing from it completly.

Noteable edit since I posted this, Flenders default rate went from .3% to .7% over a day. Stil low but chunky enough jump that got my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Has anybody paid taxes on p2p Lending profits yet?

This is my first year investing in p2p Lending.
    The only platform that I use so far is Mintos.
    I don't know when, where or how to pay tax on the profit that I have made.
    I have asked some family members for advice but I am getting mixed responses.
    Some are saying it is just capital gains so it is 33% on anything over €1,270. (but this does not sound right to me).
    Others are saying that it is just normal income tax and should be paid at my rate (40%) which makes a bit more sense, but how is it done?.

Any advice from people who have already been down this road would be much appreciated because as I have mentioned above, I am not sure where, when or how to pay any tax on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Lazy Bhoy wrote: »
    Has anybody paid taxes on p2p Lending profits yet?

This is my first year investing in p2p Lending.
    The only platform that I use so far is Mintos.
    I don't know when, where or how to pay tax on the profit that I have made.
    I have asked some family members for advice but I am getting mixed responses.
    Some are saying it is just capital gains so it is 33% on anything over €1,270. (but this does not sound right to me).
    Others are saying that it is just normal income tax and should be paid at my rate (40%) which makes a bit more sense, but how is it done?.

Any advice from people who have already been down this road would be much appreciated because as I have mentioned above, I am not sure where, when or how to pay any tax on this.

It's taxed under income tax, your earning interest. Declare it as part of your form 12 at the end of the year. Normally they reduce my tax credits by the tax owed for the next financial year.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/tdm/income-tax-capital-gains-tax-corporation-tax/part-08/08-03-05.pdf

Section 2.1.1

In short, it’s taxed as unearned income, just like rental income - if you’re in the higher tax bracket, then that’s the level you’ll pay.
    There are sections on the annual form 12 online to easily add it in.

Thanks guys.

I will take a look at form 12 so.

What date does this have to be done by?

Thanks guys.

I will take a look at form 12 so.

What date does this have to be done by?

It’s Oct 31st, or Nov 15th if you file online.

If you’re asking this question, you need to seriously consider getting someone to help you file your returns. Once you know how it works, then it’s easy enough to do yourself In future years (€500 saved). Takes me about an hour or so to dig out Maintenance receipts, capital allowances, etc and the new form 12 even pre-fills much of the p60 data now too.
    I track unearned income on a monthly spreadsheet, so I already know my tax bill and there’s no surprises.
    You then set the date On the form 12 that you want the revenue to reach into your account and take the tax and hey-presto you’re done for another year.

I’m actually doing mine today. Fun times :(

• Advertisement

ViaInvest - seeing a lack of loans. I reached out to ViaInvest and they stated "Currently there is a high amount of investors with VIAINVEST with a high demand for loans"

Mintos - as predicted by weighted avery is now below 11 and continuing to drop. Might see below 10 by Christmas at this rate.

DoFinance - with the additional 1.5% on auto-invest plans (giving up to 13.5%/year), I am moving additional funds from Mintos, ViaInvest and another few platforms to take advantage of the better returns on DoFinance.

Envestio - loans are few and far between. Where the heck are all the new loans they promised?

ViaInvest - seeing a lack of loans. I reached out to ViaInvest and they stated "Currently there is a high amount of investors with VIAINVEST with a high demand for loans"

Mintos - as predicted by weighted avery is now below 11 and continuing to drop. Might see below 10 by Christmas at this rate.

DoFinance - with the additional 1.5% on auto-invest plans (giving up to 13.5%/year), I am moving additional funds from Mintos, ViaInvest and another few platforms to take advantage of the better returns on DoFinance.

Envestio - loans are few and far between. Where the heck are all the new loans they promised?

Snap!! Despite my misgivings about the tiny size of their operation ... I have blasted a wad of cash into DoFinance also.

Given the way interest rates are going at other P2P operators and how out of step Dofinance is now... I expect they will have spectacular volume growth for the Month of October :rolleyes:

I just hope their generous returns aren't a ruse to attract quick money in to cover up some problems in their loan book :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

PM - you seem to have stopped referencing Grupeer in your posts, is there a reason?
    Thanks for all the good work BTW

Ah this is a group effort, we all add a bit and hopefully we get the most out of our returns.

I mentioned Grupeer a few posts above in relation to their change in T&C's. Posters here clarified the changes and am happy to stay with them.
    All recent investments are 13-13.5% 5 month to 12 month loans. Mostly business loans but a few development loans. I doubled my investment in the platform last month. Auto-invest working as expected. Plenty of loan availability.

Edit: A quick calc before my last deposit shows returns ~15% (with the cashback campaigns mixed in).

DoFinance are (temporarily?) stopping their cashback campaign. Email received moments ago. Pity, I was just getting funds together to invest a little more this week.

"We are letting you know that since the unexpected activity and volume of investments, we are stopping the 1.5% cashback campaign today on 16.10.2019"

Given the way interest rates are going at other P2P operators and how out of step Dofinance is now... I expect they will have spectacular volume growth for the Month of October :rolleyes:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

What in the name of God is Mintos at with Aforti???

They've payed money back to investors that Aforti hadn't payed? Where is this money coming from?? Where is the Financial controls/T&Cs about this?
    We've gone from an originator risk to a platform risk I think, No?

Piss take territory?

How many originators does Mintos actually own now?

DoFinance are (temporarily?) stopping their cashback campaign. Email received moments ago. Pity, I was just getting funds together to invest a little more this week.

"We are letting you know that since the unexpected activity and volume of investments, we are stopping the 1.5% cashback campaign today on 16.10.2019"

I wonder how much the Loan volume is gone up for DoFinance Month on Month ?
    enough to get them worried, clearly :eek: soo maybe 200-300%

Anyway looks like I just got in in time to get the last of the cash back bonus.

• Advertisement

Mintos suspends Rapido Finance
    https://blog.mintos.com/mintos-temporarily-suspends-rapido-finance-from-the-marketplace/

430,000 EUR loans outstanding

Was anytime here in fundingsecure? I see they have gone into administration.

Mintos rates have started to increase slightly. The volume of loans is back up to 220k on the primary market.
    A significant number of originators appear to have increased their loan rates 1-2% recently as well. For example I had a small number of Tigo loans at 9% and sold them (at -0.1% discount) to purchase 11% loans. A quick look at my account statement and I have repurchased ~25% of my overall investments in the last 2 days.

Worth having a quick scan of your loan, especially for those longer term (non pay day) loans.

Just noticed something rather alarming with DoFinance

I noticed one of my investments says under column heading 'Active Portfolio %' its 85% and the expected value is actually less than my original investment.

How can this be ? This isn't mentioned anywhere in their faq's.

(I have sent an email to DoFinance)

Mine are all 100% at the moment littlevillage. If I expand my investment plans, the loans have a mixture of due dates. Perhaps a few have recently come due and the funds are just waiting to be invested again? Add to that a lack of loans due to the recent promotion, might explain the delay in funds being re invested.

Is the value of the investment plan correct?

Just noticed something rather alarming with DoFinance

I noticed one of my investments says under column heading 'Active Portfolio %' its 85% and the expected value is actually less than my original investment.

How can this be ? This isn't mentioned anywhere in their faq's.

(I have sent an email to DoFinance)

REPLY From DoFinance

Yes - at the moment we do have a lot of investments coming in, and there wasn't enough new loans for everyone. The loans are updated daily and your investment should be 100% active again in the next few days.

Soo looks like the promotion was far too sucessfull and now they are in all kinds of doo-doo :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

quick question: Do Grupeer pay interest daily, like Mintos, or monthly?
    thanks

Mintos don’t pay interest daily.
    They charge client interest monthly at daily or even less increments.
    It you hold a loan on mintos for 12 hours, I’d expect half of that days due interest.
    As grouper does not have a secondary market, you’ll have less chances of accruing less than months worth of interest, as you are forced to hold the loan until it’s term is over or person at other end ponies up early.
    If they ponies up after 10 days, then 10 days of interest would have accrued and you’d be owed that, on both sites.

sonyvision wrote: »
    It's taxed under income tax, your earning interest. Declare it as part of your form 12 at the end of the year. Normally they reduce my tax credits by the tax owed for the next financial year.

I have been logged into the Revenues website and the most recent Form 12 only covers the year ending 31 December 2018.

I only joined Mintos and started to invest in May 2019 so I don't think that it is a from 12 that I need to fill out.

Can anybody tell me how to pay tax on the profits from Mintos from May until now or Dec 31 of this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I have been logged into the Revenues website and the most recent Form 12 only covers the year ending 31 December 2018.

I only joined Mintos and started to invest in May 2019 so I don't think that it is a from 12 that I need to fill out.

Can anybody tell me how to pay tax on the profits from Mintos from May until now or Dec 31 of this year?

Need to wait til next year, the 2019 forms not required til Oct/Nov 2020

retalivity wrote: »
    Need to wait til next year, the 2019 forms not required til Oct/Nov 2020

Thank you for your reply.

So, by Oct 31 2020 I fill out a form 12 declaring any Mintos income from May 2019 to Dec 31 2019?

Then in Oct 2021 I do the same for Jan 2020 to Dec 2020

Is that how it works?

• Advertisement
Advertisement