Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P Lending

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

50% of my Robocash funds are not invested the last few days. Someone else (vargoo?) flagged the lack of loans in the 'AVAILABLE LOANS' page, so perhaps they're struggling to get loans? I withdrew all funds not invested just in case.

What do you think is going to happen that you withdrew all??

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

50% of my Robocash funds are not invested the last few days. Someone else (vargoo?) flagged the lack of loans in the 'AVAILABLE LOANS' page, so perhaps they're struggling to get loans? I withdrew all funds not invested just in case.

I'd have small cash drag problems on Robocash but nothing close to 50%. Did my calc there and i have cash drag of about 1-2%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Nothing in particular. I emailed them recently about the lack of loans and funds not invested but didn't get a response. I will email again this morning. I only withdrew funds not invested. I still have an investment with them.

Plenty of other platforms with no cash drag offering similar or better rates so will deposit the funds in another platform.
    FFVII wrote: »
    What do you think is going to happen that you withdrew all??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Found similar issue last month.
    I had just one portfolio with them and was getting cash drag.
    Created another portfolio and it found loans other portfolio did not.

No idea why, but it got rid of the cash drag and i'm fully invested again.

Maybe a coincidence, but no harm in trying and reporting if it worked for you too.

1 portfolio = cash drag
    2 portfolios = no cash drag

and if it works for you too, maybe some smart person can figure out why.

Only 28109 loans available on the mintos primary market now!

• Advertisement

Crikey :eek:

@sKeith, well it appears you were on the money with Robocash. Second portfolio set up and the bit of cash I had left not invested is now fully invested.

Crikey :eek:

Its gone back up to 39987 as I type

mike_cork wrote: »
    Only 28109 loans available on the mintos primary market now!

Sorry about that, had just reinvested my wad....

:pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 P2PBanking.com

Competition for new investors. Minimum investment 1000 EUR, prizes of 250 EUR, 150 EUR, 100 EUR
    https://www.p2p-kredite.com/diskussion/exklusive-neukunden-aktion-250-150-und-100-euro-bonus-t6903.html
    I'd expect chances are good as the number of participants will be limited by the fact that you need to actively send an email to participate (point 2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Mintos Invest & Access average rate now down to 8.99%

That is the lowest I have seen yet and seems to creep lower by the week.

Lenders like Varks have also reduced rates from 14.5% a few weeks ago to 9.5% now.

Soon it will not be worth investing at Mintos when you consider our returns after tax. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Svensk

Hi p2p experts.

I am only interested in investing in Short term loans and I mean really short ( Max 60 days)

Im looking for about 5 sites that offer this with buyback, no cashdrag and 11% + in return.

Some kind of top 5 list would be appreciated.

What do you say ?

Svensk wrote: »
    Hi p2p experts.

I am only interested in investing in Short term loans and I mean really short ( Max 60 days)

Im looking for about 5 sites that offer this with buyback, no cashdrag and 11% + in return.

What do you say ?

caveat emptor

sKeith wrote: »
    caveat emptor

Yes of course

Yes of course

robocash and swaper do what you want, others here can add more but that'll start your list off.

restrict them to picking up only 30 day loans.

fwiw, I'm no expert.

Hi p2p experts.

What do you say ?

You're just looking at risking all on a sh1tty risky platform for the sake of pennys.

Tears, their will be tears.

FFVII wrote: »
    You're just looking at risking all on a sh1tty risky platform for the sake of pennys.

Tears, their will be tears.

Ehh what ?

* I didnt ask for any sh1tty platforms

* I asked for about 5 sites and not just one, and you dont know if I have already invested in other platforms with longer terms and higher expected returns.

* As long as I dont cash out it will bee more than pennys, and you dont know how much Im going to invest initially.

* Tears ? You dont know how much of my total portfolio I invest in p2p.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 P2PBanking.com

That list has grupeer, which I know does not have any loans under 5 months, and its 5 months loan is at 10%.

@Svensk,

I Have set the filters for you: buyback, >11% up to 2 month
    15 results

you can change the filters on the right

Thanks a lot !

• Advertisement

@Svensk,

I Have set the filters for you: buyback, >11% up to 2 month
    15 results

you can change the filters on the right
    sKeith wrote: »
    That list has grupeer, which I know does not have any loans under 5 months, and its 5 months loan is at 10%.

Ok

Feel free to discuss how this platforms perfoms.

https://www.p2p-kredite.com/fuer-anleger-vergleich-der-marktplatze-fur-p2p-kredite?fwp_zins=10.50%2C60.00&fwp_sicherung=buyback-oder-aehnlich&fwp_laufzeit=0.00%2C2.00

@sKeith, well it appears you were on the money with Robocash. Second portfolio set up and the bit of cash I had left not invested is now fully invested.
    I've been thinking about why this is.
    My newer portifolio gets the loans before my old portfolio, so what if this is platform wide, to give better impresssions to new joiners. maybe loans are offered to portfolios based on age, and the loans are all tapped out before they get down the line to our older portfolios.
    This would explain why making new portfolios gets around the cash drag situation.

So to follow up on the Robocash issue sKeith mentioned.

I had a balance sitting idle in my first portfolio the last day or so. This morning, I transferred the balance to the second portfolio and it was invested within the hour.

DoFinance have an Autumn special running from 24th Sep to 01st Nov. You get an additional 1.5% on investments over 6 months, so up to 13.5% is available. The bonus will be added to your account for each new investment during the promo period.

I have been working on a script to pull data from the Envestio project and loan pages for each project. I am particularly interested in loans that already have tiers/parts funded on the site and if they are up to date on previous loans.

I do not have much free time but I'll post an Excel sheet with the output when I get further with my little project.

I have a basic output (with some exceptions that need to be fixed) but here is an example - would welcome any suggestions:

LOAN TITLE|URL|LOAN NBR|LOAN CODE|LOAN MORE LINK|NBR LOANS|TOTAL PAYMENTS DUE/MADE|LOAN STATUS|NEXT PAYMENT DUE
    urban mining tier|Loan details|80|EN018083|More details|14 of 14|4/4|COMPLETE|-
    power plant factoringdevelopment phase|Loan details|81|EN018084|More details|1 of 1|11/7|ACTIVE|11/Oct/2019
    biomass fuel factoring|Loan details|82|EN018085|More details|7 of 7|6/6|COMPLETE|-
    biomass fuel factoring|Loan details|83|EN018086|More details|8 of 8|6/6|COMPLETE|-

DoFinance have an Autumn special running from 24th Sep to 01st Nov. You get an additional 1.5% on investments over 6 months, so up to 13.5% is available. The bonus will be added to your account for each new investment during the promo period.

I've been with DOFinance for a little while and so far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

What are peoples thoughts on the continuous decrease in interest rates for new portfolios?

I'm currently deciding on adding more portfolios or not.

all economic indicators are showing a slow-down (Which will naturally increase defaults, be it a technical recession or not), and in general the balance of risk/reward in the upcoming 2-3 years seem more than the post-tax return.

Mintos is now 8.9%, which as we know is just a weighted avg of available loans today excl future defaults, so in reality it's lower.

Allow for tax at income tax rates and its about 4% real return at best - before you value the time taken to make that €200 pa for every €5k invested.
    I'm also seeing P2P lendng 'stuff' EVERYWHERE at the moment, which is a massive negative indicator for any investment vertical.

For the first time with P2P, I'm genuinely not feeling it (with a 2-3 year investment window)

what are peoples thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Hi p2p experts.

What do you say ?

I have some money thrown into Mintos on loans with terms 6months or less. Net Annual Return is coming in at 11.12%. They do offer investments with shorter terms like what you're looking for.

If you decide to give Mintos a go PM me and I can give you a referral code that will give a bonus to both of us.

Grupeer have a promo on till end of the week but only on investments above 5k.

"Get 1% on all your investments above Eur 5000* made from the 1st until 6th October!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭littlevillage

sk8board wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on the continuous decrease in interest rates for new portfolios?

I'm currently deciding on adding more portfolios or not.

all economic indicators are showing a slow-down (Which will naturally increase defaults, be it a technical recession or not), and in general the balance of risk/reward in the upcoming 2-3 years seem more than the post-tax return.

Mintos is now 8.9%, which as we know is just a weighted avg of available loans today excl future defaults, so in reality it's lower.

Allow for tax at income tax rates and its about 4% real return at best - before you value the time taken to make that €200 pa for every €5k invested.
    I'm also seeing P2P lendng 'stuff' EVERYWHERE at the moment, which is a massive negative indicator for any investment vertical.

For the first time with P2P, I'm genuinely not feeling it (with a 2-3 year investment window)

what are peoples thoughts?

Well, I can't log into Mintos today "The system is currently being updated" is the message. Which has given me a cold shiver up my spine. Why wouldn't they just do this type of upgrade at the weekend or during the night? :confused:

In general I am happy enough to stay invested in Mintos (simply becase they are soo much bigger than the rest) but I would be very wary of the smaller operators. Inevitably there will be casualties and because P2P is all about cash flow ... you would imagine its the smaller operators with the shallower pockets who wil suffer first.

Advertisement